Author Topic: It's all coming off after work  (Read 9656 times)

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
Re: It's all coming off after work
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »
Tricon,

It looks great. You made the right decision.  She'll learn to like it with time ....

Andrew
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 12:53:13 PM »
My wife freaked out and acted like I had now decided to wear dresses or something. I got the silent treatment for my troubles. Trying to figure out how much damage control to do at this point.

Oh the memories, the memories that brings back.  It's been often said on this forum, although not recently, that women think they can go to the beauty parlor, change the color and style of their hair, on their on terms and conditions without consulting you etc., but let a man change his hair style--and that's all you've done--they think they have a right to complain.  It's a change, yes, obviously yes.  But, you had mpb going on--for you the 24/7 guy that's not pleasant, the guys here know that feeling well.  It's not nice when the spouse really pitches a fit in response to sly, but she will come around, if not to like it, at least to live with it, that's where my wife is.  What still gets under her skin is when we're out and I get compliments about the "hair" style from her friends, especially the ladies.  That will happen to you too.  Wives, like mothers and family in general, have a persistence of vision issue for lack of a better term.  They persist in seeing the you they remember, they really don't see the balding on you, on others, yes, but not on you.  So, since you didn't like "going bald" and like being bald/sly, you have a bit of a tough patch ahead.  You are the 24/7 guy.  Unless she consults you on changing her hairstyle, makeup, etc.--or is willing to consent to your right to veto any such changes in the future she's out of step. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »
I tried the headblade, and to be honest it only shaved my head to a peach fuzz level and no more (maybe I'm doing something wrong). I guess I need to get a good "regular" blade for head-shaving. Any suggestions?

Also, how do you shave the backside of your head when you can't see it? It's hard to know if you've gotten it all.
Although a lot of guys swear by the HB, there are others such as myself that just never really got a satisfactory and easy shave from it.  Personally I started with Fusion, moved to the M5, then lately to the Hydro 5.  The traditional stick razor is a tool I'm familiar with, and they're very forgiving of pressure issues--a particular problem with the HB. 
On how to get a really smooth shave--it's the same answer you'd get if you asked a New Yorker how to get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice >:D.  Every day will get better.  Read the threads in the routine section, there are innumerable methods guys try.  You will get there, baby butt smooth every time.
Oh, BTW, that's one nice shiney dome O0, but don't forget your sunscreen!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
Tricon,

I agree with the others...you have a great head for the sly look.  And that is not because we are all sly!  I started shaving my head about 15 years ago when I started seeing the hair on the font of my head fall out.  I am not married, but I got all sort of grief from my folks over it.  My dad told me it looked like hell!  And he was a guy who had very thinning hair!  Eventually the comments stopped.  My dad is no longer around but my stepmom is.  When I had surgery about a year ago, I quit shaving for about 2 weeks and she finally saw that my MPB is getting to the advanced stage, so she no longer says anything.  So I suspect that your wife will eventually come to terms!

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »
Tricon,

That dome looks great.  Welcome to the sly fraternity.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2012, 08:09:10 PM »
Excellent job Tricon, it looks great to me. Hang in there with the wife issue, stick to your guns.
Like saintc said, you're the 24/7 guy who has chosen to take the stronger route.

As far as the HeadBlade, you have to stick with it. Follow the instructions and take it slow. You'll soon master it. I use a variety of razor's, yet I feel the HB has the best feel over the dome. Long, smooth and steady strokes with no pressure on the blade end. It will come to you. Hang in there.  O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »
hey tricon:  u look like a natural.  enjoy your new look.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!