Author Topic: It's all coming off after work  (Read 9669 times)

Offline Tricon7

• Sly Guy in Training
It's all coming off after work
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:50:39 AM »
I've decided to take the plunge and do the deed today after work.  :D My hair has been thinning to a distressing degree on top for about three years now. I went to the beach last week and my wife insisted that she put some lotion on top of my head, since so much of my scalp showed through, and I saw that as the writing on the wall. I knew I had MPB, but I didn't think to this degree. I don't want to be one of those pitiful types who carefully and pathetically nurtures and grooms that last bit of hair on top until there's only a few strands left.

So after work I'm going to go to my barber who's an older foreign gentleman and have him shave my head. I think he'll probably use foam and a straight razor (though I'm not sure), since I see him using that a lot on necks and faces. Would that be a problem for the first time? I don't want my new head all nicked up. And I heard that my head needs to be shaved with the grain, not against.

I haven't told a soul about this yet; I want it to be a surprise. My parents are coming in to visit from out-of-state today, and they'll see the New Me along with my wife and three children - 7, 6, and 3. Fun time coming later today. I can't wait to see the shocked looks on their faces when I show up at the front door.  :/O

Interestingly enough,as I was pondering this this week, my neighbor across the street (a woman) shaved *her* head - for some kind of cancer awareness fundraiser. So she of all people kind of paved the way for me to get my courage up.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: It's all coming off after work
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:59:19 AM »
 O0
You're going to like this--and you can put aside the questions about getting a construction permit for the very elaborate combover!  Now begins your 30 days.  On the serious side once sly you can begin regular use of sunscreen and hopefully minimize sun damaged areas that are the favorite growing areas for skin cancers.  One of my first was in my scalp--oh how I wish I'd done this sooner, that that's going to be one of your wishes too I would be willing to bet!

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 07:01:37 AM »
I've decided to take the plunge and do the deed today after work.  :D My hair has been thinning to a distressing degree on top for about three years now. I went to the beach last week and my wife insisted that she put some lotion on top of my head, since so much of my scalp showed through, and I saw that as the writing on the wall. I knew I had MPB, but I didn't think to this degree. I don't want to be one of those pitiful types who carefully and pathetically nurtures and grooms that last bit of hair on top until there's only a few strands left.

So after work I'm going to go to my barber who's an older foreign gentleman and have him shave my head. I think he'll probably use foam and a straight razor (though I'm not sure), since I see him using that a lot on necks and faces. Would that be a problem for the first time? I don't want my new head all nicked up. And I heard that my head needs to be shaved with the grain, not against.

I haven't told a soul about this yet; I want it to be a surprise. My parents are coming in to visit from out-of-state today, and they'll see the New Me along with my wife and three children - 7, 6, and 3. Fun time coming later today. I can't wait to see the shocked looks on their faces when I show up at the front door.  :/O

Interestingly enough,as I was pondering this this week, my neighbor across the street (a woman) shaved *her* head - for some kind of cancer awareness fundraiser. So she of all people kind of paved the way for me to get my courage up.

GO FOR IT SIR! Do you need any tips or advice?
-Derris The Barber

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:31:09 AM »
hey.
the barber will know what to do.
I used a straight razor for the very first time.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Tricon7

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:33:43 AM »
I've decided to take the plunge and do the deed today after work.  :D My hair has been thinning to a distressing degree on top for about three years now. I went to the beach last week and my wife insisted that she put some lotion on top of my head, since so much of my scalp showed through, and I saw that as the writing on the wall. I knew I had MPB, but I didn't think to this degree. I don't want to be one of those pitiful types who carefully and pathetically nurtures and grooms that last bit of hair on top until there's only a few strands left.

I haven't told a soul about this yet; I want it to be a surprise. My parents are coming in to visit from out-of-state today, and they'll see the New Me along with my wife and three children - 7, 6, and 3. Fun time coming later today. I can't wait to see the shocked looks on their faces when I show up at the front door.  :/O

GO FOR IT SIR! Do you need any tips or advice?

Afterward I'm thinking of using a Headblade to keep the hair down. I hear some like it, some don't. I guess I'll have to find out for myself.

I'm also going to the beach Saturday and I'm looking forward to seeing how the water feels on my bald head!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:59:06 AM by Tricon7 »

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 07:42:46 AM »
Tricon did you get my PM? It had the razors you need to use after you shave it bald today!!! Don't use the HeadBlade yet!
-Derris The Barber

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 08:38:04 AM »
I'd say give it a week or two before plunging into the head blade.  And when you do, take it easy the first few days.  There's a learning curve, but well worth it.

I used my headblade just a few hours ago and all is smooth.

Welcome to SBG and being sly.  You'll really like it.

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »
I'd say give it a week or two before plunging into the head blade.  And when you do, take it easy the first few days.  There's a learning curve, but well worth it.

I used my headblade just a few hours ago and all is smooth.

Welcome to SBG and being sly.  You'll really like it.

nice tip! Take note Tricon sir!
-Derris The Barber

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 08:51:44 AM »
hey Tricon sir do you have any question you want me to answer about shaving your head bald for the first time? Ask them and I'll answer! lol
-Derris The Barber

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 10:01:56 AM »
It looks good Derris  ;) ;)

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »
what looks good Chav?