Author Topic: Anyone ever have doubts?  (Read 17520 times)

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
Anyone ever have doubts?
« on: March 30, 2016, 12:45:47 PM »
I had a moment this past weekend where I wasn't feeling too great about being sly. I took my son to eat while my wife was out of town and I suddenly felt really out of place. Does this feeling happen to anyone else occasionally?

Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Anyone ever have doubts?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »
Can't say that I have felt that way.  Guess I was ready to be bald when I shaved my head and I wear it proudly.

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 01:53:23 PM »
I had a moment this past weekend where I wasn't feeling too great about being sly. I took my son to eat while my wife was out of town and I suddenly felt really out of place. Does this feeling happen to anyone else occasionally?
You wouldn't be human if every now and then you didn't feel like you looked your best .With hair and without hair  some days i think i look great and others i say to myself " Get yourself in shape man " .I have been shaving my head with an electric razor for five years but have had a beard the last year.Anyway i went sly last week and no one seemed to notice .I shaved the beard off as well and suddenly people were like "what happened to your hair" lol 
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »
I cannot say that has happened to me. I was hyperaware of the smooth dome when I first started shaving my head, but I never felt out of place or had doubts regarding my decision to take off the horseshoe.

That may be one advantage to going bald naturally: I was accustomed to not having a full head of hair long before I shaved it all off.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 07:42:40 PM »
I did when I first went sly but not any more.
Hair is over rated.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 07:57:41 PM »
Like Hingatao said, I initially felt out of place but not after that.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 08:27:57 PM »
It was actually fairly easy for me, because where I lived, it seemed many people were doing it.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 11:41:45 PM »
You wouldn't be human if every now and then you didn't feel like you looked your best .With hair and without hair  some days i think i look great and others i say to myself " Get yourself in shape man " .I have been shaving my head with an electric razor for five years but have had a beard the last year.Anyway i went sly last week and no one seemed to notice .I shaved the beard off as well and suddenly people were like "what happened to your hair" lol

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 05:19:54 AM »
I did when I first went sly but not any more.

Same here.

Offline Ishinomaki

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 11:03:26 AM »
It does indeed happen but I've never felt that it was related to being sly. I've felt out of place when visiting a new place, especially alone. A lack of familiarity or strength in numbers so to speak can be an uncomfortable thing. As far as it being related to being sly I always try to keep in mind the concept of "Handsome is as handsome does" meaning be confident no matter what. Confidence will improve what others think of you, as well as discourage others from targeting you. If you look like you belong (confident and secure) you are significantly less likely to be singled out.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 12:02:32 PM »
Every once in a while i have a fleeting moment, especially since in bbc. But then i just look at pics of myself from before i started shaving, and remember that i like how i look bald much better.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »
Early on, I had occasions where I felt self-conscious about being the only bald guy in the place.  It was the awkward feeling of being different.  That feeling eventually faded. 

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 04:05:01 PM »
First time I left the house, yeah, I felt a little self conscious, but that soon faded, now, I just wear it like a boss :)

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 07:05:47 AM »
Lately the only doubts i have other than what i previously mentioned is weather i will look too scruffy to others if for some reason i do not have time to shave before i leave the house each day. But that probably stems from my obsession with being as smooth as possible at all times. Did have a much stronger moment of doubt when during a conversation with my grandmother the other day, she mentioned that she hates the trend of long scruffy beards and shaved heads because she thinks they all look too much alike. Even though i have chosen not to grow and facial hair, it still caused some doubt for me since she has yet to see me fully shaved as i always wear a hat around her, so im not even sure if she is aware im sly.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Pouria007

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 06:16:42 PM »
we're all human beings bro. and human beings doubt!
I used to have more doubts when I first started shaving my head but as days passed the new look started to suit on me!
Time will deal with your doubts but it's ok to don't feel so sure now and then