Author Topic: Clothing style for bald metal head/rocker?  (Read 10244 times)

Offline mg42

• Learning the way of Sly
Clothing style for bald metal head/rocker?
« on: March 26, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
Ok guys, recently took the plunge to a zero haircut and probably going to go sly within the week.  So far good compliments and got head rubs from 2 girls in the past couple days. One who even tried making out with me!

Anyways, I am a musician and heavily into metal/classic rock. What are some good styles for a bald metal head guy? I have my assortment of band shirts, camoflague/dickies shorts and adidas shoes that looked good when i had long hair and now trying to mix n match with my new bald hair style. Any other recommendations? would converse(chucks) look good on a bald guy?

I dont have tatts yet but I do got a lip piercing and stretched(plugged) ears.

Offline Dave52

• Sly Guy in Training

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Clothing style for bald metal head/rocker?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 01:04:11 AM »
I listen to alternative rock but I wear nomal clothes
Formal attire

http://www.exposay.com/rob-halford-52nd-annual-grammy-awards---arrivals/p/35606/479/
the guy looks funny, lol

be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:01:26 AM »
Dude... wear whatever makes you...... you.

My wife and I just had this conversation the other evening. (Keep in mind that my wife always dresses nice and looks great)

Wife: I'm going to start drssing a little fancier when we go out.

Me: (I simply raised my right eyebrow and had the "what the Hell does that mean" look on my face)

Wife: You know.... prettier clothes instead of just nice jeans and tops.

Me: Really? Why? You always look nice.

Wife: It will just make me feel better.

Me: You do realize that if you dress "fancier" it doesn't mean that I change the way I dress?

Wife: What do you mean?

Me: I'm still going to wear black jeans, some kind of Harley shirt, and a pair of boots..... unless we're going to a wedding.

Wife: Well that's you and that's the way I like you!

My point is... be who YOU are, not what you think someone else might want you to be. No reason to think your old style won't still work for you.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 06:33:26 AM »
Dude... wear whatever makes you...... you.

My wife and I just had this conversation the other evening. (Keep in mind that my wife always dresses nice and looks great)

Wife: I'm going to start drssing a little fancier when we go out.

Me: (I simply raised my right eyebrow and had the "what the Hell does that mean" look on my face)

Wife: You know.... prettier clothes instead of just nice jeans and tops.

Me: Really? Why? You always look nice.

Yes Mike I think the way your dressed in the avatar is the answer to this question

Wife: It will just make me feel better.

Me: You do realize that if you dress "fancier" it doesn't mean that I change the way I dress?

Wife: What do you mean?

Me: I'm still going to wear black jeans, some kind of Harley shirt, and a pair of boots..... unless we're going to a wedding.

Wife: Well that's you and that's the way I like you!

My point is... be who YOU are, not what you think someone else might want you to be. No reason to think your old style won't still work for you.

Offline Reddas

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 12:27:37 AM »
Hey,
You are interested in heavy metal music, so there's no problem in conveying this in your "fashion", in my opinion.
I mean, if you dress like a "hiphopper" and you are not listening to that kind of music - it will be incongruent with who you are.
But you are genuinely interested in metal, and probably go to metal concerts.. so why not!

My advice:

Try to find some pictures of "famous" metal musicians.
Look at how they dress, and copy them/get inspired.

That's the easy way..

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 03:35:18 AM »
Black jeans, Doc Martens, tshirt, army coat.... My daily attire lol
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 02:48:32 AM »
This post is a bit out dated, but from one bald metalhead to another. Just keep rocking out your normal metal atire, just because you changed your hair style that doesn't mean you have to change your clothing style too. I still rock out the jeans and band shirts, the only difference is when I have a night out I have to add a beanie now that it is winter, but I think that just improves the image \m/