Author Topic: Mature hairline or balding  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
Mature hairline or balding
« on: October 26, 2021, 12:34:55 PM »
I shave regularly off and on during the year. I let it grow then go sly again. When I grew it out I’ve noticed that my temples are thinner I’m not sure if this is balding as I don’t have crown thinning. I don’t care if it is as obviously I shave anyways so if it got hugely towards thinning I’d just shave all the time.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: Mature hairline or balding
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 12:58:59 PM »
Its’ probably the start of a receding hairline. Google the Norwood Scale to learn about hairloss patterns and stages.  It could be the start of Norwood 2 with a receding hairline. I started out like that in my early 20s. I would sit at my desk at work and run my fingers through my hair and have a little pile going. I didn’t get a bald spot until late 40s though. Hairloss is different for everyone. It’s nothing to worry about. You have a full head of hair.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 01:15:41 PM »
Not worried at all just was seeing if I could look forward to shaving easier with less up top in the future    O0

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 01:59:50 PM »
Yes sir, Mr Hawk, you're on your way from bald by choice to bald by nature. Actually, I'm at about the same stage, although I'm 67yo!

Yep, just think how much easier guys have it when the entire top of their head is bald. If you think about it though, once I have the sides and back shaved, the top only takes another minute or two. I find the toughest spot is above/behind my ears. My hair grows right to the top of my ears!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 02:03:12 PM »
I would say it could be, likely is, starting to thin.  The rate and extent to which MPB progresses is different for all of us.  It started for me in my late 40's as a general thinning on top, but my hairline was still normal.  After about 3 to 4 years, i have very little hair remaining on top.  Some guys get a little thinning and then it seem to stay the same.

It is a little easier to shave when the hair on top is gone, but I still have to go over that area for the 'fuss" that would otherwise grow there.
SlyBeard

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 01:30:11 PM »
Well I’m 31 so cool I can look forward to transitioning to daily vs a few times a year shaving

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 05:06:59 AM »
Looks like a full head of hair to me!  Of course if you're actively shedding hair then that would be a telltale sign that something's going on.  Not a big deal.  We really don't need hair anyway but it's important to some folks.  I personally don't like grasping at straws but I used to work with a guy that wore a piece every day to work.  It was a big deal to him.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 06:02:11 AM »
You don't have to be balding to embrace the shaved head style! Lots of guys with full heads of hair choose to maintain the baldie haircut. I was hooked after my first headshave, and after 8 years, I still look forward to my daily shave.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 06:26:11 AM »
I agree with @reddog

I started shaving when I started thinning, but I could still pass for a full head of hair.  As I have said before, I had decided years earlier that I would shave it as the first signs of thinning, because I thought a shaved head looked much better than thinning or balding hair.  After shaving, I realized I loved it so much, I actually wish that I had started shaving it years sooner.  So if you are liking it shaved, there is no need to wait on MPB.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:32:48 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 04:24:11 AM »
I imagine that in ancient history that a man shaving his beard off was considered pretty ballsy.  Hair is just hair and inconvenient as hell. But we do the best we can with it.  The ladies shave their legs and pits while men shave whatever needs shaving.  I put my arms up and just say "whatever!"  Hair serves no purpose to me so what else can I say?

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 05:12:35 PM »
Hello, bro!

It does look like that your hairline is beginning to recede a little but you seem to have good hair coverage otherwise.

You do suit a shaved head really well, so, if I were, you, I would continue to maintain a shaved head from now on.
BaldBill

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 05:23:42 AM »
The temples are thinning a bit but that happens to almost everyone. Whether it will progress beyond just a mature hairline, how much and how quickly, are anyone’s guesses. Already knowing that you look good with a bald head takes the stress factor out of the process.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2021, 08:53:52 AM »
Not worried at all just was seeing if I could look forward to shaving easier with less up top in the future    O0

Goals,that would make easier shave also,gives a lot mote shine on the scalp.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2021, 01:50:49 AM »
A maturing hairline is a nice way of saying you are a Norwood 1. Meaning you are starting to lose your hair.

Does it give any indication on how you will progress, no.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 10:39:09 AM »
Shaved it off today with no intent on going past a week on shaving. Thanks for the advice

Enter your email address: