Author Topic: Eight years MPB, laser, and epilator  (Read 3634 times)

Offline SlyFox

• Learning the way of Sly
Eight years MPB, laser, and epilator
« on: November 15, 2019, 06:50:19 PM »
I had MPB and always liked the smooth look from head to toe.  After episodes of head and body shaving, I bought an epilator and TRIA home laser and started removing the hair from my body.  My head and beard were steadily going from medium brown to white/gray.  My body hair was mostly brown with white/gray coming into my chest.  So I worked on my body, while retaining close cropped head and beard.

Eight years ago I decided to take the plunge and go smooth above the neck.  I had gone bald a couple of times before, but I have maintained this from that day onward.  I love my smooth head.  People tend not to notice my lack of eyebrows because I have a strong brow structure and wear glasses.  Because my scalp is completely gray/white, I don't really have any shadow.  But I really want the smooth feel.  I never really had good hair, so I don't miss it.  I like the shape of my head and I'm happy being a smoothie. 

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Eight years MPB, laser, and epilator
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 08:07:41 PM »
I had MPB and always liked the smooth look from head to toe.  After episodes of head and body shaving, I bought an epilator and TRIA home laser and started removing the hair from my body.  My head and beard were steadily going from medium brown to white/gray.  My body hair was mostly brown with white/gray coming into my chest.  So I worked on my body, while retaining close cropped head and beard.

Eight years ago I decided to take the plunge and go smooth above the neck.  I had gone bald a couple of times before, but I have maintained this from that day onward.  I love my smooth head.  People tend not to notice my lack of eyebrows because I have a strong brow structure and wear glasses.  Because my scalp is completely gray/white, I don't really have any shadow.  But I really want the smooth feel.  I never really had good hair, so I don't miss it.  I like the shape of my head and I'm happy being a smoothie.
So, how effective were/are the epilator and TRIA home laser?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 06:53:01 AM »
Wow! That sounds like alot of work to maintain. Shaving just my head and part of my face is enough work for me.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 10:59:48 AM »
I had long desire  to be bald.  became so and shaved the rest.  Later due to age and treatment for prostate ca I lost most body hair and then started to shave the rest.  Recently I let hair grow on body for some months but really sparse and light in color, from any distance hard to see,  This post inspires me to return to become totally hairless again,

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 07:06:32 AM »
Welcome!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 06:37:08 AM »
Welcome.  Since you hair was starting to turning gray, how effective was the laser?
SlyBeard

Offline SlyFox

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 02:57:17 PM »
Welcome.  Since you hair was starting to turning gray, how effective was the laser?

It was effective on the remaining brown hair. Now I have only a few dark hairs on my head and face.  I continue to work on the dark hair on my body which is a race against time as it continues to turn gray/white.  My arms are 90% smooth and my legs 80%.  Chest is probably down to around 50% (and of that remaining hair, it's 60-70% gray/lwhite).  Oddly, my back is the darkest (and the area I most want to be rid of.  LOL

Offline SlyFox

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 02:59:59 PM »
So, how effective were/are the epilator and TRIA home laser?
[/quote]

Pretty good over time.  I just need to be more consistent with it.  I gave a more detailed answer to slybeard in this thread.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 07:55:12 AM »

It was effective on the remaining brown hair. Now I have only a few dark hairs on my head and face.  I continue to work on the dark hair on my body which is a race against time as it continues to turn gray/white.  My arms are 90% smooth and my legs 80%.  Chest is probably down to around 50% (and of that remaining hair, it's 60-70% gray/lwhite).  Oddly, my back is the darkest (and the area I most want to be rid of.  LOL

You used it on your beard as well?  I take it the only hair you have remaining is your eyelashes.  We did have a guy post here a few years ago that removed his eyelashes as well, but just by clipping them.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 11:44:36 PM »
I tried the epilator a couple of times it did keep the hair away much longer than shaving but eventually it all came back

Enter your email address: