Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: Waxing head
« Last post by Semi-Sly on December 31, 2023, 09:01:45 AM »
Back around Thanksgiving I was going to head into a Claire's Boutique to get a couple of holes shot in my ears. By coincidence there is a waxing salon right across the hall from the CB so I decided to get the old man hair situation resolved so the piercing tech wouldn't have to part the hair to shoot the studs into my lobes. So, initially I was going to get just the ear hair yanked out but then I realized that the bug filters in my nostrils had become quite dense so I decided to get that ripped out, too.
There were two young women (probably 17-18) sitting in the chairs to my right and they were intent on watching my process. When the waxing lady depilated the nostrils it made a noise that sounded like tearing a bedsheet and one of the girls said to the other "Did you see that? He didn't even flinch!".
Old guys ROCK!  O:O

The Arab in Turkish barbers here in the Chicago area wax your ears and your nostrils is a routine part of every haircut.  I really miss that when I don?t have any hair to go to the barbershop for!

I have to wax my own nostrils every week or two or it drives me crazy
« Last post by buddha on December 30, 2023, 07:02:19 PM »
Back around Thanksgiving I was going to head into a Claire's Boutique to get a couple of holes shot in my ears. By coincidence there is a waxing salon right across the hall from the CB so I decided to get the old man hair situation resolved so the piercing tech wouldn't have to part the hair to shoot the studs into my lobes. So, initially I was going to get just the ear hair yanked out but then I realized that the bug filters in my nostrils had become quite dense so I decided to get that ripped out, too.
There were two young women (probably 17-18) sitting in the chairs to my right and they were intent on watching my process. When the waxing lady depilated the nostrils it made a noise that sounded like tearing a bedsheet and one of the girls said to the other "Did you see that? He didn't even flinch!".
Old guys ROCK!  O:O
« Last post by Semi-Sly on December 30, 2023, 10:53:31 AM »
I like the stache and tats. Are some of the tats new?  I know you had some work in progress from what I recall.
The torso was finished last year.

My guy is working on complete leg sleeves now.  We have gotten down from the waist all the way to the bottom of the knees he?s going to finish the knees this week and then wait until summer to start on the lower legs and ankles.
« Last post by slybeard on December 29, 2023, 06:21:26 PM »
I like the stache and tats. Are some of the tats new?  I know you had some work in progress from what I recall.
Introductions / Re: Greetings (again)
« Last post by slybeard on December 29, 2023, 10:15:56 AM »
A smooth sly head goes well with any body shape - go for it.
« Last post by Semi-Sly on December 29, 2023, 08:01:28 AM »
Did they wax your head all at once, or did they divide it up in sections?   How was the pain level?    I?m thinking about having this done myself.
they did it in strips phone inch and a half wide and 3 inches long
General Discussion / Re: After laser, how much hair grew back?
« Last post by Razor X on December 28, 2023, 09:36:15 PM »
Every once in a while I?ll delay my shave until much later in the day than usual.  When bedtime rolls around, it a somewhat unsettling feeling when my scalp is still smooth in the areas that normally would be getting some stubble by then.  To not have any hair growing back at all would take some getting used to, even though it would probably be a good thing overall.  I?ve been shaving my head for 20 years and have no desire to have hair.  But to suddenly have no hair on my scalp to shave would seem very strange.
« Last post by chuck63 on December 28, 2023, 10:49:21 AM »
Did they wax your head all at once, or did they divide it up in sections?   How was the pain level?    I?m thinking about having this done myself. 
General Discussion / Re: After laser, how much hair grew back?
« Last post by chuck63 on December 28, 2023, 10:47:05 AM »
I started with grey (salt and pepper) hair.  I did six sessions spaced four weeks apart.  After four sessions, 99% of the dark hair was gone, leaving me shadow free.  My plan called for a total of ten treatments, but I stopped after seeing no new progress.  Two and a half months after my last treatment, I see a few dark hairs returning, but for the most part I?m shadow free. 
General Discussion / After laser, how much hair grew back?
« Last post by Josh-Mtl on December 28, 2023, 09:23:45 AM »
I am considering starting laser soon and I am curious about people's long-term experiences. How much dark hair grew back, did it grow back evenly and how much shaving time / irritation did it end up eliminating long term? Did you keep doing maintenance sessions?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]