Author Topic: Chicken  (Read 13480 times)

adam_r_todd

Chicken
« on: January 22, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
I planned to go sly soon.  I was waiting until I went on a vacation and then, that why, if I looked like a dork, I could grow it back before I had to go back to work.

Then, today, a coworker rubbed my balding head.   >:( I hate Male Pattern Baldness.  I wanna be sly.   8)  But I'm scared.

My wife will kill me when I shave.   :x! But I think I'm gonna do it anyway . . .  What's the worse that can happen?  Why wait?  Who cares if it is -10 degrees  (I live in Ohio).  The little bit of hair I have couldn't possibly keep me from freezing.

Please encourage me.  Tell me how great it's gonna be . . .

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
Re: Chicken
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »
...why would your wife kill you?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 05:34:10 PM »
hey wannabe A:  1st of all welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us.  anytime U have "thoughts" of shaving your dome... U will never B satisfied until U "do the deed".  so, i say "just do it".  don't worry about the wife.  it's better 2 ask 4 forgiveness than permission. 
i promise U that U won't regret it.  matter of fact... U will B thanking us 4 encouraging U.  keep us posted 2 your road 2 slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

GASlick

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 05:49:47 PM »
First, welcome!  Secondly, I was buzzing my head just because I hate paying $16 for a haircut.  One night I was shaving my face and thought "What the hell".

Imagine my wife's reaction after I got out of the shower.  At first she didn't like it, but after 20 minutes she was all over me! >:D  She likes to rub my freshly shaved head.

That was over two years ago.  She loves it.  Just do it and she what she says.

Good luck dude!

slyatlast

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 06:05:46 PM »
I was in your shoes for 2 years.  Finally got up the nerve to shave my head slick (4 months ago today actually) and will never go back.  This week alone I've had 2 guys with MPB comment on my look and say they've been thinking of going sly as well.     

Send that chicken packing...or better have him for dinner!   #ng^y 

adam_r_todd

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 06:34:43 PM »

A few months ago I told her I wanted to shave my head and asked her what she thought about it.  She said, "I'd kill you."   I'm not really scared of her.  She's not gonna leave me after 9 years of marriage because I shaved my head.   :@` Well, maybe not . . .

adam_r_todd

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 06:36:45 PM »
Good advice guys.  I'll kick the chicken and the hair to the curb.  Maybe this weekend.  I gotta gather the supplies first.  Sounds like a I need a good razor unless I want to bleed to death.  Once I do the deed, I'll post some pictures.   O0

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 06:39:50 PM »
Welcome to SBG bro !!    O0

My wife didn't want me to shave my noggin either but after doing the deed she absoluetly loves it !! Just go ahead and do it and give her some time to adjust to your smooth shiny dome. Make sure you give it at least 30 days, that will give you time to adjust and give her time to really dig it !!   O0

Good luck  to ya !!

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 06:41:15 PM »
Welcome, Wannabe ~  

You wannabe Sly, you've got it in your head.   That itch won't stop until you scratch it.  You look good with a buzz, and guys who look good with a buzz invariably look terrific Sly.  I predict your wife will first say she doesn't like it and then will be alllll over it.  Give it a go!  All you have to lose is about 1/8" of hair!  
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »
Good advice guys.  I'll kick the chicken and the hair to the curb.  Maybe this weekend.  I gotta gather the supplies first.  Sounds like a I need a good razor unless I want to bleed to death.  Once I do the deed, I'll post some pictures.   O0
Welcome...you're already pretty close to being SLY...another 1/8-inch of hair won't be that drastic of a change. It feels great. Ask her to help you do it. You might be surprised!

GASlick

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 07:00:12 PM »
The first time I told my wife, she was the same as yours.  She begged me not to do it.  She didn't leave me....lol

There are a lot of opinions as to what works best, but my personal favorite is a Fusion and HeadSlick.

Good luck!

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »
Hey bro, I cannot tell you how great it's going to be.  I'm sorry about that.  I cannot tell you how great it's going to be because "experience is the mother of wisdom".   All of us here can tell you how great it's going to be but you will not quite understand it until you shave your head yourself.   You will know what I mean when you shave your head.    I can tell you that you will be surprised at how much happier you become.
You will wonder why you are so happy when all you have done is shave your head.  A weird feeling bro that even I myself cannot explain but somehow your happiness increases exponentially!!! (that's from a guy going through hair thinning). 

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 07:19:47 PM »
Wannabe,

Welcome to SBG.

Many of us where in your shoes at one time, wanting to shave it clean but hesitant.   My wife actually wanted me to do it, and had been trying to convince me for about 2 years, unsuccessfully.  But, after joining SBG the guys here convinced me to go for it after only 2 weeks.   I only wish I'd done it sooner.

Hopefully, your wife will come around.   Shave it clean and give it 30 days.  You can always grow it back.

Andrew
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 08:44:03 PM »
Brother, You've got the shaving bug and you know that you want to do it......So what is holding you back??? Just do it, Dude.  I promise that you won't be disappointed.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 09:25:10 PM »

A few months ago I told her I wanted to shave my head and asked her what she thought about it.  She said, "I'd kill you."   I'm not really scared of her.  She's not gonna leave me after 9 years of marriage because I shaved my head.   :@` Well, maybe not . . .

Ahhh, yeah, one of those things. Well, if you end up dead, we have the proof that she threatened you. We'll get her locked up. So make sure that she knows that.

On a side note, she'll probably love it.

Enter your email address: