Author Topic: So what made you decide to go sly?  (Read 6201 times)

Offline AGENT47

• Sly Guy in Training
So what made you decide to go sly?
« on: October 04, 2007, 03:20:46 PM »
So I have been a member of the chrome dome frat for about four years, for me it was more a matter of practicality when I worked as a commercial diver,( you only need to put that neck ring one once before you see the advantages of just getting rid of the hair all together). After I left the marine construction buisness I just kept the look, deciding it suited me and I sure didn't miss the barber bills ;) but what about the rest of you, did you just wake up one day and decide to take it all off or what?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: So what made you decide to go sly?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »
hey agent, who did you dive for? there are a couploe big dive companies here in the area(south la) to answer your question, i did not want my dad's hairdo (the dreaded horseshoe) so when it started thinning i got rid of it. love being sly and wish i had done it years ago.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 03:43:28 PM »
I always wanted to shave my head bald to see what it would look like... wasn't sure if I would keep shaving but finally did the experience and love it. Now I'm bald by choice, just let it grow a little at winter, the rest of the year I keep my head shaved..

Offline AGENT47

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »
I worked for northwest marine salvage for almost two years after getting my training from the divers institute of technology here in seattle. Interesting work to say the least but there is something unsetteling about working for a company that knows they don't have to pay you if you dont survive the job.  :/O

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 04:47:18 PM »
I first shaved my head for a hunting trip that I was going on.  I got such positive reactions from it that I decided to keep it.  I was also starting to thin out at the time, so I knew it wasn't going to be long until I was going to want to shave to cover up the horseshoe look.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

KALBO

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 05:06:43 PM »
BaldRob was kind enough to point out how dumb I was for even contemplating holding on to what little hair I had left...

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 05:47:05 PM »
BaldRob was kind enough to point out how dumb I was for even contemplating holding on to what little hair I had left...

i'm sure that was done in a way only B-ROB could do. ha ha bet that was a funny conversation. :*)) :*))

I worked for northwest marine salvage for almost two years after getting my training from the divers institute of technology here in seattle. Interesting work to say the least but there is something unsetteling about working for a company that knows they don't have to pay you if you dont survive the job.  :/O

that would make me a little nervous about going to work too.  :(

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 07:16:07 PM »
just always wanted be a completely bald man. always wore hight and tight flat tops or total buzzes down to the wood.  Finally started to take it razor slick in 1983 when I was 23 and have been a skinhead since. only regret is that till I was 23 

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 07:49:08 PM »
Got tired of trying to hide the thinning hair and finally realized how good SLY looked.  Once I realized it could only get better, that was it.  It all had to come off!!! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 08:13:31 PM »
First time, the guard fell off the clipper. Kept it for a week. Second time, I was at the equator, and any hair was too much. Last, and most recent times, was taking control of what was starting to look too much like a comb-over; and enjoyed the convenience and the look.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 10:19:32 PM »
I was losing my hair slowly with mpb. I first started cutting it down shorter and had the caesar for a while. I noticed it was really thinning in front and started to look like a forward combover, with the ever spreading hole in the back. It was definitely a no-no for me.
I had always told myself I would never go that route or any kind of transplants, rugs, etc.
I would tell people that mentioned about losing my hair, "if it keeps thinning and I keep losing more I will shave it off", and here I am, lol.
Finding this site was a very big help also!   O0

jp_bald

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 10:17:21 AM »
I decidi because really to feel the great desire to go bald, really is important my bald being, for that reason shave my head and I am happy bald

wojapi4me

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 12:12:26 PM »
I gave 11" of hair to Locks of Love - an organization that makes hairpieces for children suffering from longterm hairloss.  The same night I cut my hair my fiancee' helped and took the clippers and finished it up and I shaved it smooth. 

Offline Glenr

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 02:58:06 AM »
I needed a haircut and couldn't be bothered  O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 06:13:34 AM »
I needed a haircut and couldn't be bothered  O0

Cause that's the Aussie way O0 j/k bro.

I first shaved to show my disgust for the current trend of male hairdo's and like it so much I have been bald ever since.