Author Topic: Hi All. Would Bald suit me  (Read 5689 times)

Offline Abes86

• Learning the way of Sly
Hi All. Would Bald suit me
« on: October 14, 2018, 10:00:59 AM »
So I'm 32 and have accepted I'm balding through the middle, it's more down to medication from an incurable disease I have then genetics.
Would shaving my head suit me?
Unfortunately my partner is not very supportive and tells me that I will look stupid.
Please see pics and look forward to your reply.

Offline scooby

• Sly
Re: Hi All. Would Bald suit me
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:41:43 AM »
hi abes86 and welcome.first of all i like to say i like the beard,it looks great.second of all you would look better with a buzz cut or a shaved head.i did when i had really thin hair on the sides and the back,i had no hair on top.i shaved my head and looked better.you are the one that has to live with the hair style no one else.so whatever makes you happy you should go for it.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »
Stupid!? Naaah,with that beard you're going to look bad ass.

Give it a try man. The bald look is very sexy

Offline Abes86

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 11:47:47 AM »
Stupid!? Naaah,with that beard you're going to look bad ass.

Give it a try man. The bald look is very sexy
Thanks man. I just got to get the confidence to do it.

Offline Abes86

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »
hi abes86 and welcome.first of all i like to say i like the beard,it looks great.second of all you would look better with a buzz cut or a shaved head.i did when i had really thin hair on the sides and the back,i had no hair on top.i shaved my head and looked better.you are the one that has to live with the hair style no one else.so whatever makes you happy you should go for it.
Thanks so much. When I get the confidence to go for it, I will start with a buzz. Cut and see how it looks

Offline Sciguy68

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »
Hey! You should go for it! Do a buzzcut and realize that your hair will grow back if you don't like it. I am bald by choice and I love the look and feel of a smooth head. I bet you will look forward to shaving every day like all of us bald guys do! Best wishes!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »
Stupid?  No way.  With that awesome looking beard, it would be great.  Do you know why your partner thinks it would look stupid?  Is there someone in particular you partner knows that does not look better with a shaved head vs. thinning/balding hair?  Or is it just fear of change?

My wife had a fear of change, but after some time with it, she now likes it.  She went through the same fears when I grew my beard longer than the short beard I had for 15 years, and now likes that as well.
SlyBeard

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 02:35:48 AM »
Go for it, your current hair is neither one thing or the other, with that beard you will look great sly

Offline professor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 04:47:31 PM »
Go ahead you are at a good point to either buzz or shave your head. The buzz may be easy transition to get used to the change but you will fee much better after you shave. Best of luck.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 07:54:27 PM »
A buzzcut, if you don't shave, will certainly help.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 11:25:32 PM »
I've been shaving my head for 11 days now my thinning hair wasn't quite as bad as yours I put my pics up on Facebook and I've gotten so many positive response for my friends and family I'm sorry that your partner and says you look stupid that's just not true and unless he or she is dealing with her own thinning hair issues they really have no idea about the anxiety that it causes so I say you make your own decision as I did my wife really wasn't on board but she likes it she thinks it looks good and you know it's going to be gone one day anyway so best of luck welcome to the site from a really new guy
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 11:51:37 AM »
So I'm 32 and have accepted I'm balding through the middle, it's more down to medication from an incurable disease I have then genetics.
Unfortunately my partner is not very supportive and tells me that I will look stupid.

Your thinning hair on top is doing you know favors. Consider buzzing either 0 or 1 guard and go from there. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  BTW, your facial hair screams you're ready for that alpha bad-ass look.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »

Your thinning hair on top is doing you know favors. Consider buzzing either 0 or 1 guard and go from there. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  BTW, your facial hair screams you're ready for that alpha bad-ass look.

I agree,that beard is going to stand out a lot more with the shiny dome

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »
I think that your partner is secretly worried that you are going to be so much more attractive and he/she will have competition.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 07:58:12 AM »
Stupid? Hardly!

Shaved head with the beard would be SUPER SEXY on you.

Best of luck

DD

Enter your email address: