Author Topic: Should I shave my head?  (Read 5676 times)

Offline ajc1986

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Should I shave my head?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 11:42:03 PM »
Well, thanks for the words of encouragement!

I've started a strength training programme to shape up. After 6 months or so, I'll be (hopefully :)) in a better physical frame. I'm considering shaving my head after I attain that.

I've one more question: will it be wise to get the first shave from a barbershop? I guess the first shave is harder than the consequent 'maintenance' shaves.

Thanks again for the warm replies.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 02:26:42 AM »
I wouldnt wait 6 months. I would trim it down with a trimmer at lowest setting and then shave off the rest. New start to go with new strength routine!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 05:21:52 AM »
I'd recommend that you get the clippers out and each week, adjust them a notch shorter.  Keep that up until you are using no guard and the shortest available setting if you have an adjustable blade.

The change will be gradual and most won't notice any change. 

Now you are ready to break out the razor and slide into bald.  Again, it's a minor change, many won't notice, but you will. If look great, feels really nice and smooth.  When you start, shave with the grain for the first week or so. Won't be totally smooth right at first, but within the month, you'll be able to shave WTG and ATG and you'll be enjoying a smooth head.

I'd not wait six months.  Get in shape and start buzzing shorter now. When you are in shape, or maybe before, you'll be ready to shave your head. You'll wonder why you waited so long!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 08:15:04 AM »

I've started a strength training programme to shape up. After 6 months or so, I'll be (hopefully :)) in a better physical frame. I'm considering shaving my head after I attain that.

I don't see any reason to wait. Many others here have reported that a newly shaved head often motivates them to improve other areas.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline ajc1986

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 07:32:58 PM »
There is a reason for delaying it for 6 months.

I've a professional exam coming soon. In the admit card thereof my current photo is uploaded. It is a tedious process to convince the authorities to change the photo. I may not be allowed to write the exam if my shaved look looks different from my current one (in the eye of the invigilator). The exam is too big for me to take risks.

Hope this clears my position. Regarding the strength training thing, I'm just planning to get the most out of the compulsory waiting period of 6 months (during which my exam will hopefully be completed).

Thanks & Regards.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »
There is a reason for delaying it for 6 months.

I've a professional exam coming soon. In the admit card thereof my current photo is uploaded. It is a tedious process to convince the authorities to change the photo. I may not be allowed to write the exam if my shaved look looks different from my current one (in the eye of the invigilator). The exam is too big for me to take risks.

Hope this clears my position. Regarding the strength training thing, I'm just planning to get the most out of the compulsory waiting period of 6 months (during which my exam will hopefully be completed).

Thanks & Regards.
Good luck with your upcoming exam.  Kindly keep us posted on your road to slyness. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 05:22:51 PM »
I know I'm a little late to the party but I wanted to express my thoughts in regards to your question too.  I totally believe you should shave your head.  Like others have said, you will look and feel better.  As soon as you get the exam behind you, I recommend you just shave it off completely instead of gradually taking it off.  Ever since I have, people have approached me differently and in a good way.  I still continue to get positive comments on my shaved head and guys who are currently thinning that know me have asked me about having a shaved head.  I tell them I love it!  It's one of the greatest decisions I've ever made in my life.  I think you'll be amazed how good you will look.  I know I was when I first shaved.

Enter your email address: