Author Topic: Should I shave my head?  (Read 5653 times)

Offline ajc1986

• Learning the way of Sly
Should I shave my head?
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:47:48 AM »
Hello everybody!

I've been balding since 22, and I'm 28 now, with my hair almost completely gone from the front & the crown of my head.

I've been thinking of going all the way to embrace it by shaving my head, but I'm confused. Will I look worse bald? Will my facial pattern & my head shape suit my bald look?

Please help suggesting your opinions. I've thought of shaving my head clean after 6 months. Will it be a good idea?

Here are 4 pics of my head to give you an idea about the magnitude of my hair loss, my head shape to kndly give suggestions.

Thanks.
http://i.imgur.com/DgejJQS.jpg[/img]]

http://i.imgur.com/0FXFqCW.jpg[/img]]

http://i.imgur.com/dEPUikX.jpg[/img]]

http://i.imgur.com/1giTygt.jpg[/img]]

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Should I shave my head?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 04:37:02 AM »
Welcome to the board, sir.

I think your head has a good shape to it. I don't see the shape being a problem for you.

I worried for a few months with the same anxieties you expressed. When I took the first swipe with the clippers, however, those fears went away.

You will be fine. If you want to go smooth, the only real way to know what it will be like and how you will look is just to do it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:16:45 AM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 04:39:00 AM »
Hello and welcome, ajc. If I let my hair grow back in, it would probably look like yours. In that picture of you looking straight on, it almost looks as if you are sly. I think it would look good on you. If I were you, I'd try it. Then I'd give it some time to get used to it (30 days?). If you don't like it, your hair will grow back soon enough.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 04:41:45 AM »
Why not try it?  At worst, you grow it back if you don't like it.  But you very well may like it a lot!

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 04:42:57 AM »
Yes I think you have a great shape and I think you would look great shaved.
Welcome to the forum.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:22:58 AM »
Welcome aboard! If you are scared to go sly all the way, you could take gradual steps....Buzz your hair shorter in the beginning and once you get comfortable with the shorter hair, if sly is what you want then go for it. That said, if you make the move and don't like it (I think you will) you can always grow your hair back. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline buzzedbald

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 05:34:36 AM »
I think it is pretty common to have worries about head shape etc.  Before I took the plunge I read a posting that said once you think about shaving your head, that thought will not go away until you do it.  That is how I felt.  Try a super tight burr cut first, it will give you a good idea of how you will look, and will make the move to shaved easier.   And the guys here are right, it grows back very quickly if you don't like it.  Good luck and welcome, there is a ton of support here.  I am pretty sure you are going to love the shaved look, and will be asking why didn't I do this earlier!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 05:48:59 AM »
Just my opinion, of course ... but in the face-forward photo the hair which is visible draws attention to the degree of hairloss. I suspect that if you shave it off your hairloss will no longer be an issue.

You'll look fine - nothing unusual with your head shape and all that.

If you do shave it clean, be prepared to feel amazed.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 07:44:31 AM »
Hi Ajc:  Welcome to the sly fraternity.  Glad that you joined us.  All I gotta say is that when one thinks about shaving his head than one will never be satisfied until the "deed is done".  Satisfy you thoughts and shave your dome. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 07:58:14 AM »
I think that you have the perfect head shape for going sly - a lot of guys only "wish" they had a head as nicely shaped as yours!

Quite frankly, in my opinion you will look much better shaved than you do now.  Get rid of the "scraps"!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 11:12:01 AM »
Yes, you should shave your head.  No question about it.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 01:49:05 PM »
Thats the problem, when you have the hair loss like you have it stands out! By being bald you will be amazed how much better it will look and how little it bothers you ever again!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »
WElcome to Sly Bald Guys.

Why not go ahead and shave yoiur head? If You don't like the look, it will always grow back. You won't know for sure until You try it. Be sure to post a picture after You do shave the noggin. You have a perfectly shaped head.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 04:34:24 PM »
Welcome, ajc!

You will absolutely look better with your head shaved.... and you will be so happy you did.   You may want to grow out a goatee to go with your mustache.. making it into a circle beard.  You will look like a new man.. and you will be amazed at how good you feel about yourself.  I'm sure the compliments will come rolling in!

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »
I'll chime in with the others and encourage you to shave it all off.  I think that you'll like having a totally bare scalp.  Try it for 30 days; you can always grow it back, but you may not want to!