Author Topic: Feel hopeless  (Read 6944 times)

Offline AIDY75

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Feel hopeless
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 02:28:12 PM »
Guys can I thank each and every one if you for taking time out to respond to my post...
It's so appreciated and I take on board all that each of you says as you been there done it...

Thanks for all the positive comments it has made me feel a lot more positive...

I still dont feel ready but gradually ill get there... I feel I should try buff up a bit first, as I am a slim guy...

You're all awesome

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 03:06:40 PM »
No need to delay in going shorter and shorter on the hair. Both skinny guys, fat guys and buff guys look good bald.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 03:49:21 PM »
I don't think you ears are big at all!  I think you should give the buzz a try.  Once you get used to it go shorter and shorter.  I'll bet you will feel a lot better.  :@`

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 04:03:31 PM »
You definitely don't have big ears, in fact I'd say that you'll make a very handsome bald guy, especially if you keep the stubble like in your third photo.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 06:08:41 PM »
We all have "defects" we perceive in ourselves that are barely even noticeable to others.  I don't see anything in your pics that would suggest you're particularly ill-suited to a shaved head.  I think it would suit pretty well, actually.

Besides, even if you did have a huge head and giant ears, it really doesn't matter.  If you're confident in your appearance, others pick up on that.  Look at how many actors and models have genuinely strange features yet are still lauded for their appearance.

One caution: it seems like a great many people feel very "alien" when they first shave it all off.  I know it took me about two weeks to stop feeling like an alien.  It's just the change, and human nature, it has nothing to do with how you actually look.  Hence the 30-days of shaving recommendation that is popular around here.

Edited to Add:
I've been insecure about my looks my whole life.  When I shaved my head SO MUCH of that baggage went away even though I'd just made myself less "socially acceptable" or "conventionally attractive" as a female.  The change was completely in mindset and attitude.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:23:13 PM by bella »

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »
You clearly have the itch to shave your head - so just do it.  It will take a few days to get used to the new look but the feeling of confidence it will inspire will counter that.  Your head looks perfectly fine to me and the bald look will suit you well.
Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 04:31:20 AM »
Welcome, Aidy! I don't have much to add to what the others have said, but I will tell you that the facial hair is a step in the right direction and will look even better once you shave your head....or you can just get a shorter haircut, say a #1 guard. Good luck and looking good!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 04:48:04 AM »
Welcome mate,

As the others said, you look fine.

We are our own biggest critics!
Lynchy

Offline AIDY75

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 05:07:10 AM »
To all those that I have not thanked for their supportive messages I say a huge thanks for taking the time... I am truly overwhelmed by your messages...

What a fantastic group of guys and if course gals

It's given me a lot of food for thought even though I am still very negative about myself.... I do feel better than I did..

That down to lot

Respect to you all

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 08:27:01 AM »
I've been insecure about my looks my whole life.  When I shaved my head SO MUCH of that baggage went away even though I'd just made myself less "socially acceptable" or "conventionally attractive" as a female.  The change was completely in mindset and attitude.

I felt the same Bella, it really was an awakening, suddenly I felt free of something that I never had realised how much was there until it was gone. You put it into words perfectly, "the change was completely in mindset and attitude". Thank you :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline boston501

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 04:03:08 PM »
you'd rock a shaved head

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 06:13:29 PM »
Aidy,  Your head has a good shape to it. I would go for it and shave your head when you are ready. You can do it gradually with a shorter and shorter buzz cut first. I was somewhat uneasy about it at first but I love having a smooth dome and being  You have been given some great advice by all the other sly bald guys that have commented on this thread. GOod luck with your decision. I have foungd that my self confidence has grown a lot since I first went sly several years ago.

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 03:02:04 PM »
Welcome AIDY75,
As the others have said, you look good. take your time and follow your target. you'll look great with a shaved head O0

Offline Requiescat

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »
Please do yourself a favour and shave. You have no idea how lucky you are to be able to look good sly. Right now I would probably sign my soul away to trade places with you! So shave and get on living your life, you won't regret it.

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 06:24:31 PM »
The new you awaits, all you have to do is take that first step, from then on you will the leader... just one step
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Enter your email address: