Author Topic: Feel hopeless  (Read 6937 times)

Offline AIDY75

• Learning the way of Sly
Feel hopeless
« on: May 14, 2013, 06:14:51 AM »
Hi guys I am new here just joked today though I have lurkerd on here on and off for prob best part of a year.... I know you guys will have heard it all before but I feel really down about my receding hair loss.

Here's the thing, I actually do have a big head, high forehead and big ears too... I could quite easily a accept hair loss if a shaven head would suit me but I feel trapped, it's either keep what hair I have for as long as possible or buzz it off... Both not good looks on me.... I don't want to completely shave it off, I'd go to a number 2 or 3 but I will just look like tefal man....

I feel as nice as I am sure your advice will be that I just one of those guys that a shaved head just does not suit.... Ill try and attach a pic or two....

Cheers

Aidy

Offline AIDY75

Re: Feel hopeless
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 06:17:51 AM »
Just joined today that is not joked

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:06:59 AM »
Hello Aidy !  Welcome to SBG !

Don't we all think our heads or too big or too small.  Always not perfect.  You are going thru the normal premature MPB grief.

Just start buzzing it shorter and shorter and soon you will be taking a razor to that great head that is attached to your handsome face !

Take some action now with buzzed hair or just bite the bald bullet and go smooth !  Your forehead is already screaming "bald".

BTW :  Nice girls in those pics.  You have no problem with that  :@`

Keep us posted mate !

Offline AIDY75

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 07:21:57 AM »
Bless you for you kind words and support, really appreciated... I know we all think we not gonna suit the look but I feel justified in my feelings... I feel like its fact....

I do really appreciate your reply and sure ill keep you updated.... Not sure i am ready yet xxx

Offline AIDY75

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 07:30:39 AM »
This pic better shows my head shape

Offline bigstosh

• Sly
  • Proudly bald since May 18, 2012
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 07:53:58 AM »
Your head and ears are fine.  Go for it!  Big ears have not stopped anyone from success, just look at President Obama.
Stan

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 08:12:43 AM »
You would have no problem going sly - it just takes some time to adjust to the new look.  I am sure if you have been around the site for a year you know all about the 30 day rule.

Your forehead only looks high because of your recceding hair line.  The hair line defines where the forehead stops.  Once the hair is gone, so is the high forehead.  Your ears look fine.  If you want some balance, try some facial hair with sly.  Many of the sly guys here added some facial hair after going sly.  Experiment with different styles and see what suits you best.

Remember, we are all our own worst critic.  No one else really notices the big head or ears.  However, everyone notices the receeding hair line and thin hair though.
SlyBeard

Offline Requiescat

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 09:09:26 AM »
I worked with a Polish gentleman in his early 30s with a genuinely large head. His hair was receding but had it shaved to a fine stubble. He actually didn't look all that bad, and he two women their always floating around him for attention. Now onto you. I don't see a large head at all. In fact you have a strong face for a shaved head. I'll be honest with you, were I in your shoes, I'd get off my backside this very second and shave my head completely! You cannot see it, but your prospects are favourable.

Offline sahil15

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:47:46 AM »
I have a large head.... so what... You are gona look fine...but shave it all off only when you are ready.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 09:51:35 AM »
It's just a haircut, nothing more. If you don't like it just let it grow back.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 12:35:38 PM »
I think with your jawline and sharp features that a bald head would suit you well.  You'll probably start getting mistaken for a footballer.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 12:47:13 PM »
Your hair is already pretty short. It won't look that much different if you shave it off.

Your head appears smaller than a number of guys on here who rock the sly look.  You'd be great with a shaved head. I'm an XXL hat guy myself. 

Shave your head. Put on a big smile, and go out and show it off to the world.  Yea, it takes a little while to adjust to your own new look. Probably longer for yourself than for others.  Shave it off. You never have to worry about a bad hair day.

Enjoy it.  Looking forward to seeing your picture along with the rest of us bald guys .... :)

Offline Skimdude

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly since 07-01-11
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
I used to think the same thing about my head and ears but I am pretty sure you would look far better totally shaved.  Your head and ears are ok man, far from been big. 

Go for it man, there is nothing to lose. You will probably feel ackward for a couple of weeks but after that you will find and create your own style and feel a lot better.

Give it a try, if it isnĀ“t for you hair will grow back.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:20:33 PM by Skimdude »
SURF AND SKIM - COSTA RICA

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Feel hopeless
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 01:28:26 PM »
welcome to the brotherhood, when you described yourself, I was expecting shrek! but you look like a regular dude, as mentioned, buzz it shorter, allow yourself time to get used to it, then see if you want to shave, if you don't like the full shave, it will grow back

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
It's a big step and it will take time to get used to. when you first shave your head it takes time to get used to.

Do it gradually if you are unsure. You would benefit from the sides being shorter than the top cos at the moment that is making the top looking thinner. Then match the top to the sides, a 1, a 0. The shorter your hair goes the less you will be concerned by the loss. The balder the more confident I found.