Author Topic: Virtual head shaving dilemma- anybody with experience?  (Read 16784 times)

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
Re: Virtual head shaving dilemma- anybody with experience?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 07:12:36 AM »
So glad SBG has been helpful in some way !  Sounds like you are accepting premature MPB much better and that is important !  Good Luck and keep us posted with your new experiences (with the girls, family, friends) and pictures !

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »
I'm glad we're able to help you along.  Sounds like you're adjusting to things pretty well and others are receptive to your new look.  You may not realize it, but you're probably coming across as more relaxed and confident since you aren't worrying about your hair anymore.  Women find that very attractive. 

As we'll all tell you, there's a step change in self-confidence when you go sly.  The trepidation about how you'll look and how others will react gives way to a feeling that the sly look is just right. And after a short time, it feels completely natural to be bald - so much so that you'll forget what it was like to have hair.

Offline lordpeich

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »
How was the 1#buzzcut?

Offline AJB1015

• Sly Jr.
  • Somewhere in between BBC and BBG (bald by genes)
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
To be honest, i still haven't tried the #1, have just been clipping with a # 2 twice a week. Although I do like the look of less hair, here's a couple reasons Im still hesitant to go shorter, even though I am gonna shave it during my vacation in june: so far, nobody has commented on my mpb, and most were surprised by the buzz cut. Despite an overall positive response from friends and acquaintances, some people have said that it makes me look like a criminal and a skinhead. I don't take these comments too seriously because they're good natured for the most part. My ultimate issue at this point in going permanently sly is having to answer to everybody. Has anybody had a similar experience? I don't like having to explain why i look a certain way. Right now my plan is to keep buzzing till the mpb becomes a bit more pronounced, then shave it all off for good. Before I started losing hair, I wore my hair longer, so everybody who hasn't seen me in a while asks why it' so short. I'm amazed that no one has mentioned balding, but as many of you must know, its tough to tell people you are losing your hair. If I really love the sly look in june I'll keep it, but for now it's gonna stay at #2 buzz. Eventually I'll have the true slyness that everybody here loves so much! Baby steps...

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 04:33:05 AM »
Just my 0.02...we get haircuts/shave our heads to make ourselves look and feel good...not for comments from the peanut gallery, even though you're going to get those anyway, and it looks like you're handling it well. People who are so obsessed with others hairstyles need to go get lives anyway. However, shaving your head is a life-changing event and everybody handles it at different levels. So if you need more time to go all the way, I respect that but I'm just trying to say don't let others hold you back from something that you want. Remember, the poorest man in the world is the one whose pleasures depend upon the permission of others....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »
don't let others hold you back from something that you want. Remember, the poorest man in the world is the one whose pleasures depend upon the permission of others....

Sage advice sir!

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 02:02:11 AM »
Well said sly five , its all about using your own wisdom and ther is a lot of guys out there who feel they have to ask permission from there girlfriends boyfriends and parents . USE your own wonderful Buddha wisdom

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 02:50:58 PM »
With such caring and intelligent advice it seems strange to me that you call yourself a chav. You hit the nail on the head, Buddhist or not, it's what's in your head and heart that matters

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »
Great advice given here guys!

Enter your email address: