Author Topic: Is bald a good look for me?  (Read 16321 times)

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
Is bald a good look for me?
« on: January 25, 2012, 02:28:27 PM »
I'm a 22 year old college student. Here is a picture of me last month (December) with hair.

And here are 2 pictures that I asked a friend to take today. This is the first time I've ever shaved my head.

Should I grow my hair back or go bald for life? I have a HeadBlade, by the way.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Is bald a good look for me?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »
the very last 2 pics rox.
you know what that mean :P
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
I say keep the bald head for a month ATLEAST, if not longer. and see how you feel in a month or two.  O0

I say BALD!

Offline Briggs

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »
Your head looks great bald.  The "hairy one" actually makes you look older.  Stay bald.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »
Looks much younger bald...keep it up!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 03:47:24 PM »
Looks terrific -- a huge improvement over the before pic.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »
The smile on your face shows that you know how good you look!  O0

marty22

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »
much better bald.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re: Is bald a good look for me?
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 03:59:24 PM »
Another vote for sly.  30 days!

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
Well, it was a poetical question, I assume. :}

You look much younger without hair. On the 2nd and 3rd picture, I can see that you still feel a bit insecure or embarrassed, but you can believe that you look much younger and much more easy-going. However, it is clear that you still need some time to get used to it, but you needn't worry.

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »
Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone. I was very nervous about how I looked at first, but it is starting to grow on me. I can't wait to see the look on my mom's face when she sees me again. She may be mad at first, but I think she'll accept it. She knows I've already started to lose my hair anyway, and my dad, who is 48, is totally bald.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to what type of clothing I should get the next time I go shopping for new clothes? I usually dress in t-shirts and jeans, if that helps. I can already tell that some of my shirts won't look too great on me now. Any suggestions you guys have would be great.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:22:49 PM by AgeTwentyTwoBaldy »

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 04:43:18 PM »
Bald is it.

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »
I suggest that you should check what I replied to your introduction :}

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »
Thanks for all of the feedback, everyone. I was very nervous about how I looked at first, but it is starting to grow on me. I can't wait to see the look on my mom's face when she sees me again. She may be mad at first, but I think she'll accept it. She knows I've already started to lose my hair anyway, and my dad, who is 38, is totally bald.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to what type of clothing I should get the next time I go shopping for new clothes? I usually dress in t-shirts and jeans, if that helps. I can already tell that some of my shirts won't look too great on me now. Any suggestions you guys have would be great.

Your bottom picture, showing the SHINE is FANTASTIC.  Looks GREAT.  I use Aloe Gel to enhance my shine.

Keep a big smile on your face when you go see 'mom', regardless of her response. Give her at least 30 days.

No, don't grow it back.  You look OLDER with the balding look (i.e. with some hair).  The sly look makes you look younger, I think.

Now, for clothes, Jeans and a T shirt are find for playing football and gardening, but the button down shirt and slacks as in your after pictures is sharp, in my opinion. But then, I'm an old guy compared to a 22 year old.  Add a bow tie! (yikes, I got 8 comments today about my yellow bow tie. I'm going to have to get a picture and post it).

Keep the shine.  You look excellent,  twenty two

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »
Shaved looks great on you man!  I wish I had the stones to shave my head while I was still in college.  You're getting in front of what looks to be inevitable, and you'll stand out (in a good way) in the crowd at school.  I'm guessing that in LESS than 30 days you'll want to keep this look for good! 

I know what you mean about some shirts not looking right anymore.  I felt like many of my looser-fitting shirts didn't look as good on me after I shaved my head.  You can keep the t-shirt and jean look, but consider more slim cut items.  Business attire always goes well with the sly look.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Enter your email address: