Author Topic: Should I do it?  (Read 4196 times)

Offline AceTravis

• Learning the way of Sly
Should I do it?
« on: September 21, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »
So I believe I started losing my hair when I was 18(couldn't really tell it was receding because it was so long) and I actually noticed it when I was 20. The hairline itself is not really that awful, but I have severe diffuse thinning throughout which is hard to see in the picture I'm posting so you will have to trust me. It no longer grows in properly and I can't do anything with it. I've had my hair buzzed to a 2 twice, and you can still see the diffuse thinning throughout my entire scalp, including the sides and back. So should I shave it or not? I would go to a 1 first then after I get used to that I'd take out the razor and go sly. The main thing I'm worried about is the size of my forehead. It's huge! Will going sly actually make my forehead look less pronounced than it does with a lot of hair and a severe receding hairline? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This picture was taken with a cell phone because my digital is broke at the moment so sorry for the poor quality.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:46:36 PM by AceTravis »

Slynito

Re: Should I do it?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:58:32 AM »
Yup, it's a very poor quality picture, pardner. I want to be the first to welcome you and say, SHAVE IT OFF!!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 08:21:11 AM »
I agree. Shave it off.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »
I would shave it of. You will love it once You get used to it. Then no more bad hair days.

Offline good to be bald

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »
let it go shave it, O0 :x! 30days then sly for life

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 08:54:51 AM »
Go for it  - -It grows back if you do not like it  - - -

Remember: "there is nothing like a sly bald head"

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 09:51:20 AM »
Welcome to the club.

It's not going to get any better so take control now, shave it off, enjoy the feeling and move on with life. You will probably be surprised at what a great feeling it is to be completely bald. And it's way better than balding!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »
hey acetravis:

1st of all welcome 2 the sly fraternity... any time U have thoughts of shaving your dome U will not b satisfied until U "do the deed",  "take the plunge", or in simpler terms shave your dome.

i say satisfy your thoughts and "do the deed".  i promise U that U will not regret it.  matter of fact... U will b thanking us 4 encouraging U 2 shave your head.  keep us posted 2 your road 2 slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 12:11:32 PM »
Hello Warhawk...Welcome back dude.

Offline AceTravis

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 01:36:01 PM »
I'll try and fix my digital camera tonight so you can get a better picture but either way, I'm going to shave it using clippers on Sunday with no guard so that will be the shortest I've ever had it. I think once I get used to that, like I said, I'll pull out the razor and shave it sly.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »
Well... your photo wouldn't post for me but these guys wouldn't steer you wrong!! I say shave it!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 10:26:05 AM »
Did you shave it yet?

Offline AceTravis

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 07:53:14 PM »
Ok, I did it! It took me months to finally take the plunge but my diffuse thinning hairline finally got to me. I shaved it down with a Wahls clipper with no guard, which I guess is a 0, but I haven't used a razor on it yet. I wanted to let my skin get used to a 0 shave before I put some shaving cream on and shave it completely bald. To be honest guys, I LOVE IT! My hair was REALLY diffuse but at a 0, it isn't noticeable at all. I will post a picture once my girlfriend comes in town because she has a camera that works unlike myself.

One problem though. I have Greek blood in me so I get REALLY tan naturally. I guess you could call it "olive-toned". My scalp has never seen the light of day since I was probably 3 years old so it is extremely white compared to the rest of my face, arms, etc. I tan pretty easily but I'm scared to burn it and I'm actually kind of embarassed to go to school (senior in college) with such a pale scalp. Once it's tanned though I think I will FINALLY be confident in my own skin. Any suggestions to complete my transformation?

Oh one last thing. I also have two little red blood looking dots on my scalp. WTF are those?

Travis
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:56:12 PM by AceTravis »

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »
Well congratulations!

For the tan look get some jergens natural glow and rub it on after you use some witch hazel.

The witch hazel will get rid of the red dots. After you shave run cold water on your head then witch hazel.  8)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 08:32:08 PM »
Welcome, and congratulations.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.