Author Topic: Time  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
Re: Time
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 05:52:50 AM »
Tried shaving in the shower today, three bladed disposable razor - I said god-DAMN but that was fast, lol.  The back isnt quite how I want it, but I'll persevere with this!  :)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 10:33:54 AM »
I have one of those fog free mirrors in the shower just to make sure I do no shave my ear off, and to line up the top of my sideburns on my beard.
SlyBeard

Offline professor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 02:25:25 PM »
I exclusively shave in the shower now and find it faster and easier to manage.  I found going with the grain for the top and sides but against the grain on the back gives the smoothest finish.  For the parts you can't see I simply glide over with my off hand to ensure the shave is smooth. 

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 08:39:22 AM »
I exclusively shave in the shower now and find it faster and easier to manage.  I found going with the grain for the top and sides but against the grain on the back gives the smoothest finish.  For the parts you can't see I simply glide over with my off hand to ensure the shave is smooth.
about same here. i get do it in about 5 minutes. better if the bathroom is steamed up from running hot water.

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 08:55:37 AM »
When I first started shaving my head it was taking 25-30 minutes. Now 5 weeks in I'm down to about 10-12 minutes.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 12:17:57 PM »
When I started a month ago it took me about 15 minutes but now it's down to 8-10 minutes. The ultimate goal would be 5 minutes but since I have very thick hair that's really the minimum time to do a good job.
I find the things that made me faster were starting to shave in the shower, using pre-shave oil and doing it without a mirror just by feel.
5 minutes is ideal for my remaining stubble. if your hair is thick, however, i'm thinking double that time. important thing is not too fast that you start to nick and cut yourself.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 06:04:42 PM »
I find that I really enjoy using the DE razor and don't care how long it takes to do head and face. I have a beer and put on some music and find the entire process very relaxing. It's usually about 35-min or so to do a perfect BBS job.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »
About 5 minutes with Gillette Sensor 3 razor.
Roger

Enter your email address: