Author Topic: Time  (Read 5241 times)

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
Time
« on: November 12, 2018, 06:19:22 AM »
Hey.

Ive been trying to get an average on how long it takes me to wet shave my head (I do it every 2 days).  It seems to be running at 15-20 minutes at the moment.  Is that a good length of time, or a bit long, or what?  I'm a bit of a time person, I tend to time lots of things, lol. 

Cheers

Feenix

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Time
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 06:48:21 AM »
Depends on which routine I use. About 5 minutes if done in the morning shower. If I use the double edge safety razor after a shower, about 30 minutes.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 07:55:22 AM »
Takes about 15 minutes normally. In the winter started using Shull Shave electric shaver takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 09:23:09 AM »
I would say it takes me less than 5 minutes in the shower.  But it probably took me a year of daily shaving to get to the point where I could do it that fast without bloodshed.
SlyBeard

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »
5 mins in the shower

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 11:48:12 AM »
About 5 min in the shower...if I do it in the sink with hot towels and all that stuff, probably less than 15 minutes.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 03:41:18 PM »
Hey.

Ive been trying to get an average on how long it takes me to wet shave my head (I do it every 2 days).  It seems to be running at 15-20 minutes at the moment.  Is that a good length of time, or a bit long, or what?  I'm a bit of a time person, I tend to time lots of things, lol. 

Cheers

Feenix
not judging but 15-20 seems super long. i can zip it off in 5 without causing any damage. i seldom need a mirror anymore.

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 03:54:25 PM »
Yeah, it does seem long to me.  I wonder if Im overdoing it.  Go with the grain, then against the grain then across the grain both ways.  Could be a bit "belt and braces", I guess.  Shaving in the shower sounds cool, havent tried that yet...

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 05:02:05 PM »
In the shower I can manage two complete passes of head and face in about seven minutes. Years of practice though.
With the DE razor, it is a much longer process. Takes 35-40 minutes but I enjoy using that razor.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 05:47:26 PM »
Nobody mentioned the obvious, depends on how much hair you still have. Someone with just a fringe on the sides and back should be able to shave in about half the time of someone with a full head of hair.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 06:50:34 PM »
Nobody mentioned the obvious, depends on how much hair you still have. Someone with just a fringe on the sides and back should be able to shave in about half the time of someone with a full head of hair.

If only have a fringe it would take me like 2 min haha

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 07:10:17 AM »
Yeah, I think thats the key - the amount of hair thats there.  Ive still got a fair bit even though its pretty thin and sparse, and I do it every two days, so I guess it will take more time. 

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 07:55:49 AM »
true that!

Offline ScaraBerry

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 02:16:48 AM »
When I started a month ago it took me about 15 minutes but now it's down to 8-10 minutes. The ultimate goal would be 5 minutes but since I have very thick hair that's really the minimum time to do a good job.
I find the things that made me faster were starting to shave in the shower, using pre-shave oil and doing it without a mirror just by feel.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 12:15:22 AM »
 if I use a mach III and do it in the shower it only takes about five minutes

If I try to use a different razor and do it in front of the mirror it could take about 10 to 12 minutes