Author Topic: Still on the fence?  (Read 131365 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Still on the fence?
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2013, 03:30:05 AM »
Welcome, Emann.

Yes, good time to give SLY a try.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2013, 05:15:09 AM »
Another welcome.

New Year. New Perspective. New Options. It's going to be great.

Based on my experience (and everyone's is different), prepare to be amazed. You will discover great things you never expected.

And welcome to SBG.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2013, 05:34:28 AM »
Welcome, Emann! Nothing like starting a new year with a newly sly head....Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2013, 05:52:07 AM »
Based on my experience (and everyone's is different), prepare to be amazed. You will discover great things you never expected.

Yep, almost two years SLY by choice and I'm still amazed. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2013, 10:10:18 AM »
Welcome Emann. Take advantage, the perfect time to do it is while you're on break, so you can acclimate to the smooth dome. I think it will be a great feeling of freedom for you. Another big plus: you can stop using rogaine, which will only delay the inevitable, if it even does what it claims to do. I personally think it's a bunch of BS.
Good luck with the shave and let us know how it goes.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »
Welcome Emann.  Update us, how does the new bald look feel?  What's been the reaction?  Show is us pics.

This is a great forum of knowledgeable and good people, so you'll have a good support system here.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Slim713

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2014, 01:01:22 PM »
Razor-good post. I am new to the forum, actually just joined about 30 minutes ago. I am 26 (as of January 15th) and have been dealing with MPB for a few years now. More recently it has began to bug me more than ever. I have the "crown"so to speak. My girlfriend is the greatest, she is the one pushing me to just shave it all off or at least buzz it down short. I am still on the fence but after joining the forum i know it wont be too much longer before i make the jump. I honestly don't know why I am so skeptical..my dad is completely bald and is one of the coolest guys I know. I soon will be there myself.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »
Yessir Slim!  We all have been there.  I've only been shaving my head for two months and wonder why I didn't do it sooner.  You too will be doing that after you've done it.  I had buzz cut for the past year, also had the "crown" and it was on my last pass with the clippers back in November that I realized and made the decision that it was time to shave it all the way off.  I've never regretted it and have never looked back.  You too will be there.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2014, 01:57:01 PM »
Razor-good post. I am new to the forum, actually just joined about 30 minutes ago. I am 26 (as of January 15th) and have been dealing with MPB for a few years now. More recently it has began to bug me more than ever. I have the "crown"so to speak. My girlfriend is the greatest, she is the one pushing me to just shave it all off or at least buzz it down short. I am still on the fence but after joining the forum i know it wont be too much longer before i make the jump. I honestly don't know why I am so skeptical..my dad is completely bald and is one of the coolest guys I know. I soon will be there myself.

Welcome Slim. Sounds like you got a great girl there. And a cool dad, so you've got lots of support. Since the mpb is starting to bug you, this sounds like a no-brainer! Buzz it down short and see how you feel. I'm betting you'll be sly before you know it. Reading other guys' stories here will give you the push to do it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2014, 02:24:51 PM »
The itch is there.  You have great support.  Your dad sounds cool.  Now send us the pic.
Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2014, 05:55:25 AM »
Welcome, Slim 713! Good that you have the support from the lady.....Give sly a try; you can always grow it back if you don't like it!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2014, 08:36:17 PM »
I might try and go sly to see what it looks and feels like one day but i will never keep it due to like i have mentioned before im a lazy shaver...im also not a big fan of razors i use to hate them on my face (i want some type a beard anyway)...i actually dont mind the stubble look (you can kinda see it in my pic) so its all good(even though i admit i get lazy and let it grow to Jason Statham like length sometimes)...its like once i accepted it i dont worry at all whats on my head anymore and dont mind growing it out sometimes...when back when i first noticed my hairloss one of my fears were the horseshoe look...funny how things change but like i said one day i might give it a go not like i have anything to lose i already lost that thanks to nature anyway lol.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:44:08 PM by DannyBoy »
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2014, 09:12:22 PM »
I might try and go sly to see what it looks and feels like one day but i will never keep it due to like i have mentioned before im a lazy shaver...

Dannyboy, you need to give it a try. I am a lazy shaver too. I clipper buzzed my head for years once a week or every two weeks. I also like the stubble look. But this past summer I razor shaved my head for the first time and I love it. I loved the ritual of shaving and the way that a completely bald, smooth head feels. Since being a member here, I am a convert to razor shaving. I'm still lazy, but now manage to razor shave about every three days.  You should give it a shot. Maybe you'll be a convert, too.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2014, 10:20:12 AM »
Agree with Mike, Dannyboy.  I'm another lazy shaver.  I absolutely hate shaving my face and now that I have my beard, it's helped with the laziness, but I still hate having to trim and shave around it to shape and keep it looking right.  I shave my head every other day although this week, I've gone five days without shaving.  I'm itching to shave it so I can have that smooth dome again.  So we've all been there.  Go for it, you have nothing to lose and everything to like!

Offline M C C

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2014, 12:51:53 AM »
I'm new here - its my 4th day sly - but I already agree 100% with Razor's advice.  I feel so much better accepting that the hair is gone and moving on.  I'm 30 and I'd been whining about my receding hairline for a couple years, panicking over every hair that I found in the shower, trying to bide time so that I could sink money into an expensive treatment.  A few days ago I found the bald spot (which I didn't even know I had) while I was out shopping and that was kind of the last straw.  One of my friends told me to shave it - he said "bald is better than balding."  Shaved it that night and I've been loving it so far.  Its not the look I expected to end up with, but in some ways I like it a lot more, and its definitely better than stressing over the receding hairline.