Author Topic: Still on the fence?  (Read 131233 times)

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
Re: Still on the fence?
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2010, 06:39:06 AM »
Welcome back Nate...you haven't posted in a while...thought you may have been a "troll."  Like I've told you before....buzz it down to start....if you don't like it....grow it back out....no harm no foul. Stop spending all this time debating....take action.

Offline Nate

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2010, 12:03:50 AM »
I cannot help it

It comes from a conservative upbringing and the fear and knowledge that my family will point out the obvious and have pity on me. Plus my Dad sheesh all he talks about is oh hes going bald or this other guys going bald (I hide mine very well currently but I am tired of how much I think about hair and the constant effort to upkeep it to look like I have hair)

Rob-Raz good to hear from you hows that gorgeous wife and daughter of yours

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2010, 12:08:13 AM »
I am tired of how much I think about hair and the constant effort to upkeep it to look like I have hair

Then shave it off and stop being tired!!!  Don't make me track you down and do it myself!!!  :x!

The family is great man....tbanks for asking!!  O0

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »
Sometimes it's like watching a person repeatedly hitting their hand with a hammer and then complaining about the pain!

Good gawd man, shave your head and get yourself free!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2010, 01:41:59 AM »
Time to break free. Git 'er done.

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2010, 01:31:46 PM »
Ok, think of it another way.  So you shave your head today. You still will be alive tomorrow.  If by chance you don't like it, then in a few months you'll have your hair back to where it is.  Man, is this so bad??????????  Some of you act like its the end of the world. Geepers! !@!@

Offline kevin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2010, 08:24:23 PM »
Go for it.

I´m 27 and I shaved my head for the first time 2 weeks ago. I was living a life under concealers, hats and everything and not to mention the thread of rain, wind or if you had concealer in your hair - someone touching it, or even resting the back of your head on a sofa or a couch.

Just do it! If you are worried about a tan etc, white marks with your reference to waiting for Summer. Get some fake tan/moisteruriser and rub it over your scalp. Shave it on a Friday, and do that over the Weekend so when you go into work - the new workmates will only see your smooth head.

I know how you feel, I was nervous, unsure and had to face Work as well for the first time going from a side sweeped half can of toppik poured on my head to a complete bald bonce.
But, as soon as I shaved it off - I felt all this worry lifted. I couldnt stop smiling and still cannot! I used to hide under hats or concelears (which took at least 30mins to apply etc) it was ruining my life, Now, I can go out anytime I want without fearing my horrible balding bonce.

Go out and live life. You only live once.

You may get a few ribbings, so far, I´ve had 1 - I´m sure, I´ll get more than that, for every ribbing I´ve had , I´ve had at least 10 positive things. People no longer are looking at my hair wondering what up there is natural and what is black toppik, I´m no longer walking in a rush with my headdown in storng winds trying to avoid contact with my hair etc.

Life is great, go experience it with a bald head. You´ll love it!

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2010, 03:39:13 AM »
I am still on the fence... Still chicken

I switch between thinking about transplants and then I see photos (and lets face it one percent of guys look great the rest just think they do)

But I guess its all about self perception. Same with shaving or whatever you decide to do. We all cannot look amazing like Vin Diesel or have a head of hair like George Clooney

I definitely think if you are a norwood 4+ definitely buzz and definitely shave

Can I ask the guys here... Most of you would of transitioned from thin hair to buzz to shave right... can I ask if you have thinning hair how that looks buzzed down to a 1 or 2 guard (just opinions on this versus the usual shave it all to 0 comments ;) )

Cheers guys
#1 or 0 Will look best if its thinning , I did the #1 guard for a while but honestly it was never enough for me, the idea of shaving your head will plague your thoughts until you finally do it, and you will be happy you did.

My advice to you is to just shave it all off with a razor and DO NOT HIDE IT, go out in public with it, if you don't show it bothers you people will find it more attractive. It worked for me, it can work for you!

good luck :)
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline PeteZ

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2010, 06:28:39 PM »
Hey guys, well, I'm new to this, and I just got a 0 all over, a week ago, I have to admit I'm still on the fence, but the thought has been plaguing my mind since the day I did that, all my friends said I should shave it, I'm 18, and I'm not really sure about it, I mean, like, I feel I can do it, but it's just that I guess I'm a chicken because I'm scared. Is probably what they might say that's been bugging me, my parents went crazy when they saw I got my hair cut like that, I seriously didn't care, but now I'm thinking about taking the plunge in a few weeks, I was going to do it this weekend, but I had too many excuses (yeah, I must admit I like having excuses, that's a really bad habit), so I just need people to encourage me to do it.

This topic is really great, but I don't really know yet.
Thanks guys,
Pete

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2010, 06:54:07 PM »
It will grow back to a #1 length in a week.  It's a no risk proposition.  Go for it.

marty22

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »
go for it, when ready.

Offline PeteZ

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm gonna do it this weekend, I'm ready for it, I thought about it, real bad, I just needed talking to my girlfriend and that made it, I'm gonna take the plunge on friday! Wish me luck lol.

Thanks guys :)

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2010, 04:23:13 PM »
Like Nike say's; "Just Do It !" It will grow back, but believe me once you shave it you will not want to go back to having hair - Bald is definitely best & as my wife said to me today - "Bald is beautiful !!"

Go for it, mate & enjoy the experience of becoming a bald guy by choice.
BaldBill

Offline PeteZ

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »
Wow guys, you were right, the 1st week is not even over, and I already want to keep it, it feels so amazing, and the worst part is that I just realized I had a bald spot on the back of my head anyways, so it's not a big loss, thanks for all the support!

Offline Rocco89

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »
"There are hundreds of reasons we can come up with why we can't shave our heads, but at the end of the day, the only thing that is stopping you is you -- not your parents, not your friends, not your boss, not your wife, and not your girlfriend.  Just you." 

That was the quote that stuck with me and helped me take the plunge last night. Thank you Razor and everyone else in the forum for the advice. Couldn't be happier now. Well that is until i get some sun on the melon to even out the color, but hey it'll come.