Author Topic: Seriously considering ditching the piece  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Sly_In_Training

• Learning the way of Sly
Seriously considering ditching the piece
« on: February 09, 2018, 02:44:37 PM »
Hey, chaps!  First time poster.

My tale of woe is that I've been a hair wearer for just over 30 years and I am tired of all of the time, money and effort I am having to invest just to keep up an illusion that I am not convinced is fooling anyone anyway.  That being said, I am probably at the best point in my life right now to stop this madness.  I've been out of work for a while and I am not particularly social, so I don't have any concerns about having to show up less hirsute than I did the day before.  I won't say I am 100% committed to the clippers/razor yet, but I'm getting there.

One concern I have is about hair regrowth in the areas I currently apply tape to.  Primarily, where the perimeter of the system attaches.  I haven't had to shave these areas in a while and I wonder what to expect when I stop applying tape.  I'd like to have a very short buzz, but it might look weird if I have stubble on the sides and a patch of stubble on the top with nothing connecting them.

Obviously, everyone is different, but I'd like to get some feedback on this particular concern from those of you who have ditched your raccoon cap.  Did you experience any hair regrowth where you used to have the tape?

Thanks!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Seriously considering ditching the piece
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 03:40:31 PM »
There was a guy about a week ago that was doing the same thing. Oh should be able to find his post.

In your situation, i would just go ahead and shave your head. Why wait? From many other posts of guys ditching the toupe, it will be a load off you mind.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Sly_In_Training

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Seriously considering ditching the piece
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:39:39 PM »
There was a guy about a week ago that was doing the same thing. Oh should be able to find his post.

In your situation, i would just go ahead and shave your head. Why wait? From many other posts of guys ditching the toupe, it will be a load off you mind.

And a load off my wallet!  I'll look for that recent post you mentioned.

Enter your email address: