Author Topic: After a year of shaving my head....  (Read 10997 times)

Offline hadumaster

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: After a year of shaving my head....
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 09:47:30 AM »
First of all, welcome to SBG--you're home Bald Brother. 

Of course it's TG morning and since we're doing the dinner this year I was up early getting my part done so I can have a nice shower and make the dome super holiday smooth. :)  While I was finishing up, the Macy's Parade show starts and there on the screen, wide screen HD of course, was Matt Lauer, and if you ever need to feel good about how you look sly, just look at that poor guy--talk about pale, sick looking with the short hair making him look like the survivor of something really bad and it's even worse in HD, he should avoid HD at all costs.  He's a walking billboard for the sly look.  Get a picture of this sad looking guy and when you're not sure about yourself, take it out--that's the alternative and it doesn't look good at all. 

You look great, and compared to Lauer you look fantastic.  The only thing keeping you from the girls--more than just getting looks, I mean--just remember as you've heard here, it's attitude.  If Lauer is willing to go on nationwide TV looking as poor as he does, you certainly can project the image of what's beneath that great dome--a nice guy.  Go to it.

Thanks for your reply. I turned on the parade and saw Matt for myself. He does look sickly, lol. I guess I never noticed him in that light. You're words are wise. I really appreciate your advice. I'm going to keep my self-confidence booming from now on.
Happy Tday. ~~Eric

marty22

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »
welcome-fellow new yorker here

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »
You look great. sly. Remember it is your head not theirs.

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys.

:)

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 09:56:47 PM »
I echo everyone in this post. Don't worry about what others are thinking or saying. U look great sly. Keep it up.

Offline Skimdude

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly since 07-01-11
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »
The ladies aren't reacting to your look, but to your outlook. If you feel insecure, you're projecting that to everyone in radar distance.

You don't need hair -- and certainly not transplants -- what you need is some self-confidence.

I agree 100% with this post. Self confidence is very important especially for a bald guy and women can detect self confidence from miles away.

You will always find people that will like how you look and some others that will not...same thing happens if you have hair.

By the way I am new. This is a great site, it helped me a lot deciding on whether to shave my head or continue with the stupid comb over I was wearing even though I still have a lot of hair, did not look natural.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 08:28:28 PM by skimdude »
SURF AND SKIM - COSTA RICA

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 01:34:50 AM »
Welcome to the brotherhood Skimdude. Nice avatar.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

seahawk guy

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 06:06:05 AM »
Hi Skimdude - wise words. O0
And "Welcome" to the Sly Bald Guys gang.

Offline Skimdude

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly since 07-01-11
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 06:29:20 AM »
Welcome to the brotherhood Skimdude. Nice avatar.

My halloween pic haha. Thanks Kalbo!
SURF AND SKIM - COSTA RICA

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
Personally, I don't care what people say.  But you look great.  Your head shape is perfect, your tone is good and I don't really see any problems.  As for people looking at you, well dude you are a great looking guy and that is probably what these people are looking at and saying about you in silence.    Get on with your life and make the most of  it.  If you like it, keep the bald look and enjoy it.

Offline kevin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »
I think you look good but I understand how you feel.

I go through stages of loving it and thinking it's the best solution, to thinking that a shaved down horseshoe would look better right through to grow out that NW3 and rock it.

So much of it is to do with inner confidence though.  If you feel a bit insecure it can come out in strange forms that might possibly put potential women off and it could be the lack of interest (you feel from women). Even just silly things like going to the bar with friends, if you go in with your head hung lo and avoiding eye contact and hiding at the back.
Not saying you need to go in shouting from the roof tops but if you are at a bar or something, go in with your head held up high and if you need reminding, tell yourself you are a great guy and you look and feel on top of the world. A positive mindset can help so much

Like I said earlier, I can understand though. You are a young man and out of your cirlce of friends, I'd take a wild guess that you are the only bald/slick guy there so naturally it might feel a bit strange- standing out a bit.

From your pictures and I'm not just saying this, but you look good bald. You suit the look and have  clean skin tone, no major blemishes. There are women out there.

All the best.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:58:17 AM by kevin »

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 10:44:08 PM »
People just arent used to the bald look, and give wierd stares sometimes, when it all boils down to it, if you enjoy being bald, stay shaving! I know I do!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 07:41:03 PM »
Hey Eric,

Welcome to Sly bald guys. Congradulations on making the move to become sly. You look great. Your self confidence will improve in time. Stay sly! It looks great on you. I wish you the best of luck.

Happy New Year and best of luck to you now and always.

O0 O0 O0

Enter your email address: