Author Topic: some days i like the bald look other days i dont  (Read 5587 times)

Offline zcaz

• Learning the way of Sly
some days i like the bald look other days i dont
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:16:43 AM »
Well for me i dont really have the choice "to be or not to be bald" im losing my hair rather quickly at age 23..ive been going sly off and on for a couple years now but regardless, i always hide the dome under my hats.. i have a rather oblong awkward shape to my head which makes me very insecure.. however there are times where i get really confident in the slyness but ive found that i look much better in certain types of lighting. My head is shaped like king tuts check it out...do you guys have any suggestions to make my head look better? Maybe it would be possible to thicken the back of my neck to even out the shape? let me know

Offline zcaz

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: some days i like the bald look other days i dont
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:34:59 AM »
here's some pictures..

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:41:05 AM »
First of all; like most of us, you are your own worst critic.  What we often forget is that the rest of the world doesn't really give a s__t about us and are not staring at us to judge the shape or our heads.  Thus, you are the only one who notices the shape of your head.

Second:  You are your own worst enemy.  You are drawing attention to the shape of your head by having that chin strap on the other end of your skull!  It makes it look like each end of skull comes to a point. 

Bottom line:  Just go clean shaven and you will de-accentuate the shape of your skull. Shave the strap - and problem solved!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 04:00:22 AM »
I think Bald is a great look for you....I say grow a thicker beard and a mustache if you can.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 05:19:03 AM »
I think you look good shaved...Not sure I would change anything.

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 06:10:40 AM »
Its your head and your shape. Everyone has a different shape. Different is not bad I think it looks good. The shape is a nice feature, shave it make the most of it.
shine and share

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 06:25:08 AM »
I agree with the rest of the guys. You look good bald. The shape of your head is fine. No one's head is perfectly shaped especially when examined at every angle. If we all looked for "imperfections," we would find them.

I stopped criticizing myself and am much happier. You can do that, too.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 06:48:34 AM »
Irony. You don't like your skull's shape, yet it has the curved definition I wish mine had. The back of my head is flat.

I will echo the gentlemen before me. I think you look fine. Stop worrying about what you see as flaws.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 06:31:45 PM »
Every one of us can look in the mirror and find an angle view we would like to improve. The fact is we don't view people that way. You look fine........enough said!     O:O
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »
First of all, as everyone else has already said, your head looks fine.  It's normal to feel self-conscious right after shaving your head and that is where the 30-day rule comes in.  Like you, I went back and forth a number of times and it wasn't until I forced myself to stay bald for 30 days that I finally came to terms with the look.

The stark is reality is, that if you're losing your hair, the matter is largely out of your hands.  All you can really do is decide whether you want to be a completely bald guy or do you want to be a bald guy with a fringe?  Those are the only two options.  Once you come to accept that, the rest is really not that difficult.

Put the hats away except for when you need one for sun protection, and sport that bald head proudly.  The confidence will come; until  then you just have to fake it.  Many of us have been through exactly what you're experiencing.  Things do get better. 

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 11:39:54 AM »
I think that you look great bald and should be proud of it and of yourself.  I like my bald look, and even more since I grew a goatee.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 06:32:09 PM »
zcaz ... like the others, I have to disagree. You look totally fine. Bald suits you quite well and you should feel great about a style which really works.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »
I echo what everyone else is saying.  Your profile does have a little of the classic Egyptian look, but don't forget--that look has been admired for centuries as the epitome of beauty!  Enjoy your bald head, ditch the hat except when needed, and be proud of your naked scalp!

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 03:51:17 AM »
You look good bald. There is nothing you should be ashamed of. Hold your head high and be proud like others have said.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 04:49:25 PM »
wear it with pride.  It looks good. 

Enter your email address: