Author Topic: Youngin' and long time lurker starting to come around *update - buzz pic is up!*  (Read 4998 times)

Zatcheeus

Hey guys!  Feeling pretty damn good about finally becoming a member.  My days lurking have been giving me a lot of food for thought about whether or not to just go ahead and shave it all off.  Suppose I'll go ahead and share some about my experience, since I can already tell that this community is a good one.

I think it was about a year ago(I'm 23 now) when my buddy's long time lady friend dropped the bomb on me.  I was chillin there, Wes and I were sitting on the floor playing a little guitar, and she decided to drop a bomb on my poor, poor ego by saying "Holy crap, are you going bald?"  Haha. And that was that.  @c3  I was of course defensive about it, as I always sported super huge, crazy, long hair.  And I liked my hair quite a bit, I admit it.  Ever since then it's been buggin' the crap out of me.  And ya know, the only thing worse than feeling insecure about it is the fact that I feel like a total panzy for feeling insecure at all.  My confidence has been a bit bruised, to be very honest(I'm a single lad, which doesn't help).

I've tried a number of products that I knew were total crap just out of wishful thinking, and until a couple days ago I was still hopeful that they might work.  Nisim, Rogaine, Procerin.. Saw Palmetto and all sorts of nonsense.  Never cared enough to try Propecia, though.  Those side effects are just mad ridiculous.  Probably about.. oh I'd say 5 minutes before I registered here, I decided that tomorrow I'm going to give it a buzz and see how it looks.  Just sick of thinking about it.  What a waste of time!

Any of you experience these feelings?

Thanks for reading all that blabbering

(I'll post my buzzed head pics tomorrow, probably expect a buzz down to a 2 for now to wet my feet.)

-------- As promised: My buzzed head --------

Took 'er down to 1.5mm.  Waddya think guys?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 04:54:46 AM by Zatcheeus »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Youngin' and long time lurker starting to come around
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 06:37:20 AM »
Welcome, and looking forward to the buzzed you.  And,  >:D, from buzz to wood is a very short and easy step, so if you want try it for 30 days--it will grow back--or most of it because you'll continue to go bald for those thirty days, it just won't show anymore. O0

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 09:29:41 AM »
Welcome Zach!

It's good you decided to stop wasting time and money on wishful thinking. Be prepared for a little "shock" when you get the buzz cut. I hope you will like it. And maybe some time later ... 8) (you know what I mean)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline John4142

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 06:49:46 PM »
Hey man, welcome.. i'm a new member as well.  I'm kind of in the same boat as you.. 23 years old, single, researched/tried hair products, confidence bruised etc.   You're in the right place..

I'm also buzzing it down.. just went down to a 1/4.  Less is more, but it's also less keep in mind.  It's a little shocking, but it's also more freeing..

Glad you're here though and you're being active about it.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:06:20 PM »
Go ahead and buzz down to #1 or #2.You may or maynot like it at first, give yourself a chance to adjust.I bet with in a few days yawl be glad you did.Welcome to SBG.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:24:52 PM by MAGOO »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

BALDANDRE

YOU could totally pull off a slick bald or buzzed bald head dude....go for it, you'll look great!

Worse case..you don't dig it, you have a buzzcut in a week!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Welcome to the Forum Zach! It looks good buzzed down....... Nice intro!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Welcome Zach! I agree with the others, the baled or closely buzzed look suits you.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Polarbear

It looks good. No worries :)

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Looking good there, mate!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
 My very first thought, however, was "Man, I was hiding a lot of ear under that hair."

Honestly, I don't see that at all.  But, if I were you, and as it happened to me, that short buzz just ignited the desire to see what the totally sly felt and looked like.  I kind of think that may be what's going through your head now too.  Try it, you'll like it. O:O

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
You can pull it off

Oh yeah and welcome
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
Looks great. Welcome to the frat zat.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
Hi,

you can leave it buzzed like it is, or take "the plunge" ;-)

Your buzz looks allready very short and if you shave it should be back to the same length in a few days anyway.
So, try it if you want to. :-)

Sometimer

Offline chaucer

• Sly Jr.
I think it looks excellent!