Author Topic: Buzzed but not yet Sly  (Read 3721 times)

Offline alza

• Learning the way of Sly
Buzzed but not yet Sly
« on: May 02, 2011, 08:33:33 PM »
Hey!

New member here! I just wanted to share my stuggles with hair loss. My goal, is to encourage those who are on the fence on coming clean...no pun intended. Like millions of guys, I started losing my hair in my late 20's. At first it wasn't to bad, but over the years, it progressed. I hated it. In desperation, I turned to 'spray on hair'. Yeah I know. But I was desperate. Well that hell lasted for about 10 years. I couldnt go through that anymore. All that effort to achieve 'the look' of full hair was not worth it. Let alone that i couldn't swim, ride a bike or stay in the sun because it might start to run on me. I can't believe I put myself through that. So I started to watch youtube videos on people shaving there heads and referenced this great site. I quickly found the courage to do something. But my biggest fear was going to be what would others say. But I weighed out the pros and cons...end result - SHAVE IT! I bought an electonic trimmer and took it down to a 001 setting. It wasnt bad! Not bad at all, but I did have a few shots of cognac in me at the time. Its been 11 days now and I love it. My confidence is growing by the day and I have my life back. This is going to be the best summer in a very long time. So if there is anyone out there that is going through what I have gone through - DONT. Trust me when I say that your life will change for the better once you do it!!! BELIEVE ME!

Offline philp

• Sly
    • Young Hair Loss
Re: Buzzed but not yet Sly
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 01:03:04 PM »
Alza, welcome and I'm totally with you. My only regret was not accepting it sooner.

"My confidence is growing by the day and I have my life back." <-- I wish more people realized this possibility!!!

Glad to see you taking control of the situation and happy to know your confidence is through the roof. This is how it should be!!!

Take care,
Phil

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:15:09 PM »
Welcome alza, a great choice indeed! Way to go with taking control over your mpb.
It's never to late, now get on with enjoying life!    O0

Offline alza

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
Thanks Philip and Xnewyawka!

I appreciate your support. I cant get over the support everyone has for each other on this site. I just hope that I can support others that are in a place that I once was.

Glad to part of SBG!!!

alza

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
Not bad at all, but I did have a few shots of cognac in me at the time. Its been 11 days now and I love it. My confidence is growing by the day and I have my life back. This is going to be the best summer in a very long time.

Nice start--great finish, O0

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 07:25:53 PM »

So if there is anyone out there that is going through what I have gone through - DONT. Trust me when I say that your life will change for the better once you do it!!! BELIEVE ME!

Couldn't agree more. We all want that full head of hair, but for us guys our genetics had different plans. The best thing to do is accept your baldness and start fresh.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline alza

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 03:18:26 PM »
Saintc - Kenny, thanks guys!

Enter your email address: