Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316271 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #570 on: November 30, 2020, 05:50:59 PM »
 I used some great stuff tonight !   It is a mango peach cream shave lotion that I bought at Trader Joe’s of all places !

I always first wet my head and then put a few drops of some sort of a shaving oil on before I use any kind of shave cream but this stuff was also kind of an oily consistency more like the consistency of hair conditioner .   Oh man is my head beautifully smooth now !   The stuff also has aloe and vitamin E in it so that’s a plus as well .

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #571 on: December 01, 2020, 01:13:18 PM »
I figured I'd try something different today and I've been reading quite a bit about using olive oil so I said, "why not!"  so today I washed my head as usual then applied a few drops of olive oil to my scalp then I applied my usual shaving gel.  I honestly didn't expect much of a difference but to my surprise, I got a really smooth shave and my scalp feels fine.  I did get one cut on the back of my head but it was my fault.  I'm embarassed to admit I went sideways with the de but the rest of my head is fine.  How after all this time could I not know about olive oil?

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #572 on: October 16, 2022, 11:51:30 AM »
I'm a DE Mug & brush shaver. I have about 4-5 different soaps and a few brushes.
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline Ethan

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #573 on: September 30, 2023, 05:29:59 PM »
Shaving gel is a lot smoother

Enter your email address: