Author Topic: The 30 day rule saved me  (Read 7966 times)

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
Re: The 30 day rule saved me
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »
As I've mentioned before - if you're thinking about it then do yourself a favor and take the leap.  Is it scary?  Sure its scary!  Will you look in the mirror and go OMG?  Absolutely!  I guarantee that within 30 days you'll stand in the mirror and say to your self "I should have done this years ago".

I wholeheartedly agree!  I think I'm one of the few that told myself, I wouldn't fight it if I were to start losing my hair.  That didn't make it easier when I finally came to the reality that it was on it's way out.  I'm not going to lie, it was SCARY!  Now that I look back on it.  I wish I would have been BBC, when I was younger. 8)  I will be Sly 7 years in June (off and on slick but at least down to the skin with no guard on the clippers)  LOVE IT!  Wish that I would have had this support group back then!  But I'm glad to be a part of it now.  So some poor schmo doesn't have to take the shock alone.  Like I did  O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 09:41:27 AM »
Wish that I would have had this support group back then!  But I'm glad to be a part of it now.  So some poor schmo doesn't have to take the shock alone.  Like I did  O0

You guys, the ones that "did the deed" before SBG are my heroes O0, I can't even conceive of the hassles you faced alone.  Thanks for blazing the trail, and thanks to Tyler on behalf of the rest of us schlemiels who bc of SBG didn't' have to tread the path alone.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:43:25 AM by saintc »

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 08:47:34 PM »
I totally agree Saint.  I remember an IBM systems engineer back in 1979 who had a shaved head.   We all thought how unusual he looked with a totally shaved head.   I also had a PE teacher back in the early 70's who had a shaved head.  But it was rare to see a guy with a shaved head.   

This morning at Starbucks there were 5 guys sitting down and drinking coffee -- every guy in the place was sly!  It was amazing.  to look and see nothing but a sea of skulls.   

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 07:21:23 AM »
I've been hounding a forklift operator at work to get rid of his "ear brow" for about two years.  Last night he rolls up and honks his horn bald as the day he was born.  I just laughed and gave him a thumbs up  O0