Author Topic: If you have to ask ...  (Read 5877 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
If you have to ask ...
« on: November 25, 2006, 10:48:53 PM »
If you have to ask, "Should I shave my head?",  then the answer is always, "Yes."  It's that simple.   It really is, because you would not be asking the question if some part of you didn't really want to do it.

If you are not experiencing any hair loss and want to shave your head, you should do it now while the look is still popular.  Trends come and go, and if this one goes and you haven't tried it, you'll have missed a great opportunity.  It will be much harder to shave once something else is "in style".   Hair grows back pretty quickly; you can get to a 1/8" buzzcut in one week's time.

If you are experiencing hair loss, then shave your head immediately.  A shaved head has become the standard haircut for balding men.  A completely bald head always looks better than thinning or receding hair.  If you're still in the early stages, your hair might still look good and you may want to hold onto it a bit longer.   But I really recommend shaving sooner rather than later.  Once you're headed down the road to baldness, it's easier to just get it over with.  Save yourself the anxiety of watching your hairline shift in an unflattering pattern.  Accept your fate and embrace the new you.

I know it's a hard thing to do, especially the very first time.  But once you do it, you'll be so glad you did.  Ask any guy who shaves his head, and I'll guarantee that he'll tell you that his only regret is that he didn't do it sooner.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: If you have to ask ...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 02:29:41 AM »
This is great advice!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
Re: If you have to ask ...
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 10:38:20 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Amen, bro RazorX! I  struggled against baldness for thirty years, wasted a small fortune on worthless schemes to reverse it, and descended into despair at the inexorable progress of my genetic fate. But that was during the long-haired 60s through  90s. No young man today has to suffer as my generation did. Just look about you, Texbeard: there are all kinds of self-assured bald men out there [many of them bald by choice not nature], getting the best women, starring in all forms of entertainment, dominating boardrooms, lecturing in the best universities, and providing adult role-models for those who don't yet get it. Male hair, especially long hair, is a thing of adolescence; it rarely stays the course. At age 50, 50% of the male population is thinning or bald. So, as the stoics advise us, and RazorX remarks, embrace the rest of your life. You won't regret that you did; and your level of anxiety will plummet. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth