Author Topic: The Double Edge Razor  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Uncle Fester

• Fester says...
  • Sly Jr.
The Double Edge Razor
« on: December 13, 2007, 06:47:06 PM »
Hey Guys.  I picked up a couple of Gillete adjustable double edge razors from eBay over the last month and have been using them to shave my face.  I cannot believe the closeness of the shave I am achieving with these things!  I had been using disposable twin blade razors prior to becoming "SLY" and was never really satisfied with the closeness of my face shave.  You can buy different types of high quality blades for these things and the closeness you get will rival any of the three or four blade razors you are currently using.  I use the razor in the shower with some
baby oil and a little headslick...GREAT!  Another advantage is trimming around my goatee with the double edge razor.  The extra weight of the razor and the thinness of the blade help you get nice straight lines for that well-trimmed squared-off look.  Give it a try!  Highly recommended!
I'm still using the headblade for my dome though.  It will be awhile before I feel confident enough to use the DE up there.  Regards, Uncle Fester.

When I'm dead and gone, no one will give a rat's ass about what kind of car I drove or what kind of house I lived in.  All that will matter is that I positively impacted the life of a child.

Offline waliguy

• Sly Jr.
Re: The Double Edge Razor
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 09:55:11 AM »
Congrats on the transition from cartridges to DE.  I've done the same for my face, and have experienced the closeness I've desired, and the total shaving experience with the brush and great soaps.  Still use my Mach III for the headshave.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
Re: The Double Edge Razor
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 05:29:52 AM »
Try a straight razor sometime, awesome shave on the face.  I couldn't get one to work on the head though.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Enter your email address: