Author Topic: Guess I'll be using my electric for a few days  (Read 1624 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Guess I'll be using my electric for a few days
« on: April 11, 2021, 11:46:14 AM »
I usually razor shave but last week I had so much on my plate I didn't shave for a couple of days and my scalp somehow got very tender so when I finally did shave, I got a few nicks.  They'll heal no problem but I have to let them so starting tomorrow I'll be using my Braun 3 to shave until my scalp heals up.  I used a new blade which isn't something new but when it started to chatter, I knew I'd have a wound so I finished up and now I have to let it heal.  I still want to shave with a razor but I can't until it heals.  Well, my electric does a pretty decent job so I'll go with that for awhile.  If I just let it grow, I'll end up putting it in a bun which I don't want so electric it is for now.

Offline Flatbadger

• I have no idea.
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Keepin it clean.
    • Funny Fascinating Foods for Fanatics
Re: Guess I'll be using my electric for a few days
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 12:33:13 PM »
Recently did the same.  Caused two bad cuts in the last two months. So now, I've switched to using a wet/dry electric for the head (with shave gel) and a blade for the face.  Seems to be the perfect combo for me now, so I may just continue this way permanently. Which is funny because I've need using a blade for my head since 2004. 
The only thing I know for sure, is that I don't know anything for sure.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 01:30:15 PM »
Yes, it's funny how we all develop our own routine, and can have issues if we vary from it.

I shave almost every day. I find it easiest to run over the sides and back with my electric foil shaver before I razor shave in the shower. I think the hair grows so flat to my skin it is hard for the razor to catch it. The top grows straight up, so the razor will take it off easily. If I skip a day, the electric has a little harder time .

I've been doing alot of spring yard work, so I already have some nice color on my head. I've also been getting some really smooth shaves lately.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 01:51:09 PM »
Recently did the same.  Caused two bad cuts in the last two months. So now, I've switched to using a wet/dry electric for the head (with shave gel) and a blade for the face.  Seems to be the perfect combo for me now, so I may just continue this way permanently. Which is funny because I've need using a blade for my head since 2004.
I'll try my wet/dry electric with shave gel and see how it works.  I'm so used to using my de but for now, I'll used my electric.

Yeah reddog!  I noticed that too!  If I miss so much as a day, the blade acts all weird and I get nicks.  I'm still mad about it but it won't be the first time.  It just wasn't supposed to happen but it did.  These things happen and it's nobodys fault.  Such is life.

Offline Flatbadger

• I have no idea.
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Keepin it clean.
    • Funny Fascinating Foods for Fanatics
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:45:06 PM »
I wish I could do my face and neck with an electric, to keep it simple, but my neck WILL NOT take an electric under any circumstances, LOL.  >:(  I've tried and tried.
The only thing I know for sure, is that I don't know anything for sure.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 05:27:44 AM »
I know how that goes!  The hairs on my neck grow from left to right and the shaver just doesn't catch it but neither does the razor so I always have a rough neck.  I do the best I can but that's all I can do.  My head is so much easier to shave.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 03:59:43 AM »
Ok, I used my electric for a couple of days and the nick has healed :).  I really didn't like the feel "putty" feeling of my scalp so yesterday I went back to the de and it feels so much better and a lot faster.  I'm hooked on the de!

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 05:12:17 AM »
I have the same problem when I am changing my regular program of daily shaving.
I have done it some times and I learned the hard way, not to try it again.
So shower and head-shaving has become a habit on daily basis.