Author Topic: How do I stop caring about hairloss? (21)  (Read 23567 times)

Offline Muskies28

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: How do I stop caring about hairloss? (21)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 05:28:15 AM »
 Man I'm on the same page. Im 19 and already have my hair falling out.  I'm kind of at that panic mode and all I do is notice other people's hairlines and potential bald spots. It's driving me nuts

Offline KingofSiam

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 04:34:27 PM »
I started losing my hair in my 20s, mpb back of the head monk look, and can still wear my hair using the long grown top hair combover look and blend in with everybody else. However, at 55, I decided to jump ahead and remove it all and to hell with other peoples opjnions. Thats the best decision I ever made. Now no one can make bald remarks without looking stupid themselves and that suits me just fine.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 07:08:42 AM »
In my case... I just stopped.

It's all about proportion, I guess I had far worse things to worry about at 16 than my hairline starting to recede.

Offline vinnievandall

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 11:29:33 AM »
Im somewhat in the same position.
I started to recede at 17 and now im diffusing allover. I shaved my head and realized it was asymetric. It feels like i cant enjoy anything about life anymore.
Just lets hope everything gets beter

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 01:02:57 PM »
I was balding in my late teens. I always expected to go bald so didn't have too hard a time accepting it.  I'll admit, even now in my mid-40s I sometimes wish I could at least have stubble all over but ya know what, f**k it, it is what it is and I can't change it. Ya just gotta move on and try to realise that what hair you have or don't really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.  It's important to be healthy and happy and it all starts with how you feel about yourself.  I feel I look better now than I ever have..though the only thing that has actually changed here is how I feel about myself!
Be happy in your own skin bro!

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2018, 03:38:27 PM »
I am about a week into shaving my head and I still grab for the hat if I am going somewhere I will know a lot of people. With that being said, I have had nothing but compliments on my shaved head when I ditch the hat. However, I did ease into bald as I worn a flattop for years and would buzz it all off once a year. Over the past two weeks I buzzed it down tight for a week for taking the leap to shave it clean. I can say having stubble on my head made me feel like I had hair. However for me the bald head feels really different and so far I am enjoying it. The journey to shaving or just buzzing your head is different for all of us. Do what feels right for you.