Author Topic: Wished there was a Fashion forum  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Cheech

• Sly Guy in Training
Wished there was a Fashion forum
« on: July 06, 2009, 05:47:15 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but part of being SLY can be enhanced with the right fashion tips.  I'm not really fashionable but ever since I went SLY I've started to browse the internet for mens fashion tips, dos/donts and other miscellaneous things. 

People who think they don't look good SLY should definately try out different style of clothes.  Even a different color shirt can transform someone from zero to hero (maybe that's a bit extreme).  Now some of us are probably too lazy, busy, confused or senseless to go out and try on different clothes so I thought I'd make a suggestion.

This site has various members ranging from 16-60ish and among these members many have been really supportive.  If those who are really fashionable post some pics of themselves or other bald celebs, it might get the ball rolling for those who are still thinking of shaving or for those who are depressed. 

Just seeing the head bald is cool and all but a whole/half body shot might be better.   Anyway, style and clothes can definately help out the confidence level and acceptance from society.  I'm leaning towards the dress shirts, denim pants, glasses (bad eyesight), and shoes look.  Makes me look more mature and not someone intimidating.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Wished there was a Fashion forum
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 05:55:28 AM »
Sounds like a great idea, Cheech.  The topic of what to wear while sly has come up several times over the past year.  With our wide range of members it would be interesting to see what develops.   It could be under Grooming and Care.   What do you think Tyler?
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline honestjohnny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 07:06:41 AM »
I started a thread on hats awhile back that lasted longer than I thought it would, so clearly there's an interest.  And really if you didn't care how you looked, you wouldn't have shaved your head ;)

I'm at work right now and scrubs are never fashionable.  Most days I try to stick to classic looks.  Jeans (Bootcut, so I don't look like my dad), t-shirts (without stupid logos or smartass comments), casual shoes, like loafers. I think anything too trendy makes it look like you try too hard.  Look at Yul Brenner and Telly.  Classic.  

There's an excellent book published by the folks at askmen.com, called the Style Guide.  It's great for helping you look your best.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:24:03 AM by honestjohnny »

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 07:50:35 AM »
Since I went sly, I like to wear bright colored shirts.  I think they look good with a shaved head.  O0
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

adam_r_todd

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 09:15:33 AM »
There are a lot of things I don't wear since going sly.  Not because they are out of style, just because I have a different "look" now.  I've started wearing a few things that I wouldn't have worn before too.  I've had fun paying attention to what I wear in the last few months.  But it's more about the sly attitude.  :)  I was always fashion conscious.  Great idea/suggestion.  Would we have a new gallery or what?

Offline Cheech

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »
Askmen.com does have some very good suggestions on what to wear and stuff.  However, even their suggestions won't fit everyone, literally since we all come in different shapes and sizes.  That's one thing I've yet seen, a site dedicated to fashion for users by users; not everyone looks like Vin Diesel bald.  At least we'll have one thing in common, SLYNESS.

So yea I think new Forum subcategories would be cool.. people can always refer to it rather than bumping a "fashion" topic up.   Probably breaking it down by age groups might be a good idea since you probably won't see many 40-50 year olds still sporting trendy or hiphop clothes.   

Just curious how much would you spend on clothes for yourself since going SLY?  Obviously we're changing our image, confidence (show em Bald is better) and our mentality.  As for me, I wanna make everyone wish they were bald  ;D.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »
soundz like a good idea O0

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 05:23:35 PM »
Acceptance from society??? I don't want that!!! I shaved my head so I DID NOT look like every one else!

I think that the Fashion forum could work, I'm just saying that I am not interested.
It's all about attitude!

slyatlast

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 05:36:55 PM »
I have no need for a fashion forum...I always know exactly what to wear to look my best.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:39:20 PM by slyatlast »

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 01:10:21 AM »
I have no need for a fashion forum...I always know exactly what to wear to look my best.

You stole my outfit  :*))

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 04:11:24 AM »

You stole my outfit  :*))

Might be time to update those prescription glasses!   :*))

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 05:08:45 AM »
My favorite type of style??? Pretty much if it's on sale at WalMart and I like it..it goes in the closet O0
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline honestjohnny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 08:31:24 AM »
My favorite type of style??? Pretty much if it's on sale at WalMart and I like it..it goes in the closet O0

I've got a charcoal grey, pinstripe suit from WallyWorld.  I bought it there so I'd be able to afford the tailoring.  It fits great and is cheap as sin  >:D  Come to think of it, my overcoat came from there, too!  Just got to wear nice shoes!

Offline Cheech

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 09:16:06 AM »
LOL Sly at least, I have the same type of glasses for Halloween.  Speaking of which, 2 of my masks are both bald.  One is a chinese kung fu practicioner.. the other is a jester.

Going onto my 7th day SLY... can't wait to get some more shopping done.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 09:24:07 AM »
My 'fashion' wardrobe consists mainly of black stuff, denim jeans, kahki and camo trousers, cheap T shirts and 'muscle' shirts and the odd suit.  Since going SLY I tend to favour black or kahki 8)

Enter your email address: