Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316472 times)

Offline BaldTonyUK

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Never hide behind hair
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #525 on: June 03, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »
I must admit to using whatever the retail outlet has on best offer so have tried many brands - some good, some mediocre, and some poor. My most recent choice has been King of Shaves Alphagel and although it doesn't produce lather it does lubricate really well and has given me my closest and smoothest shaves for months.
I'll be getting some more of this one! :-)

Tony
Bald-by-choice since 2009.....

baldear

« Reply #526 on: June 25, 2015, 11:23:04 AM »
I just use normal shower gel for Men and shave with a headblade Sport every second day under the shower.

Perfect solution for me :)

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #527 on: June 25, 2015, 09:08:51 PM »
I just use normal shower gel for Men and shave with a headblade Sport every second day under the shower.

Wow Balderr! Do you not get any razor burn? That is impressive!

baldear

« Reply #528 on: June 26, 2015, 03:31:06 AM »
When I  use the shower gel at first,  it would burn like hell  ;D

First i wash my head with warm water,  then put on the shower gel and then shave. Works good and fast :)

3 blades Are on the razor and a gel line at the top. But i cant shave it EVERY day like that. Still looking for a way to shave every day perfectly.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #529 on: June 26, 2015, 03:38:13 AM »

Wow Balderr! Do you not get any razor burn? That is impressive!

Well that's all I use either shower gel or normal soap in the shower, and just normal Mach3 never get any razor burn but just the sides and back of my head have any hair worth shaving
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #530 on: June 26, 2015, 05:06:54 AM »
balderr, take a look at the thread on safety razors. I haven't had razor burn since I switched to my safety razor. It does take longer, but I find it quite enjoyable.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #531 on: June 26, 2015, 08:47:40 PM »
When I  use the shower gel at first,  it would burn like hell  ;D

First i wash my head with warm water,  then put on the shower gel and then shave. Works good and fast :)

3 blades Are on the razor and a gel line at the top. But i cant shave it EVERY day like that. Still looking for a way to shave every day perfectly.

I shave in the shower too after washing my head. I put baby oil on first as a pre-shave and then use Barbasol Soothing Aloe shave cream. Then I'm ready to shave. I do that daily and have no razor burn. Keep us posted and let us know if we can help anymore.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #532 on: June 26, 2015, 08:57:07 PM »
Wow Quiet_Dan! I wish I could do that. More power to you. I used Fusion Proglide clear shave gel in a tube (which is now Gillette Body razor shave gel) several days in a row last year and I got razor burn. Once I stopped using it, no more razor burn.

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #533 on: July 20, 2015, 10:17:06 PM »

balderr, take a look at the thread on safety razors. I haven't had razor burn since I switched to my safety razor. It does take longer, but I find it quite enjoyable.
I've been using a DE for head shaving for a while as well, I have a difficult time with shaving against the grain I usually go back to my Schick for against the grain, do you shave against the grain Red? And if you do do you use a heavy DE razor or light? I've tried both but no luck, maybe it's my technique that needs to change.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
« Reply #534 on: July 21, 2015, 09:55:09 PM »
I prefer creams...gel is too sticky for me,and I always make sure that what I use to shave is cruelty free and organic...or both. :)

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #535 on: July 21, 2015, 10:56:41 PM »
I've gone back and forth between cream and gel lately. I can now use the Gillette clear shave gel on a regular basis and every time I use it to shave, my head is super SLICK! What an awesome feeling!

Offline Aussie Sly Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly Since March 2011
« Reply #536 on: July 22, 2015, 04:16:10 AM »
I prefer shave soap then cream. Never will I ever use canned goo.

Offline Aussie Sly Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly Since March 2011
« Reply #537 on: July 22, 2015, 04:16:16 AM »
I prefer shave soap then cream. Never will I ever use canned goo.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #538 on: July 22, 2015, 05:01:38 AM »
I just use shower gel, but I can't grow that much hair and not so thick so it works well for me
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #539 on: July 22, 2015, 07:14:42 AM »
Sorry nation, just saw your question.

I use a 1954 Gillette razor, not sure if it is heavy or light. I shave against the grain. Lately, I have had trouble on the sides and back when shaving every day. I even use an electric shaver sometimes on the sides and back, before using the razor. I use shaving soap and brush. I wish I could wait 2 or 3 days, but I'm hooked on the smooth feel.
Bald by choice, and loving it!