Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 318096 times)

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #465 on: January 13, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »
Going back and forth trying to decide between Edge Gel and Shaving Soap/Brush. Always with Shave Secret underneath either though...

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #466 on: January 13, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »
Headslick for the old scone for me. Top Stuff!
Bluebeards Revenge for the old mug. Awesome Stuff!!
Also Proraso for emergencies...in case I run out of Bluebeards Revenge  O0

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #467 on: January 13, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »
Headslick for the old scone for me. Top Stuff!
Bluebeards Revenge for the old mug. Awesome Stuff!!
Also Proraso for emergencies...in case I run out of Bluebeards Revenge  O0

I hope that you're shaving your face with a sabre when you're using that -- it's the only authentic way.

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #468 on: January 13, 2013, 04:52:09 PM »
Actually it's official name is The Bluebeards Revenge Double Edge Scimitar Razor  :)
.....and no I haven't.....but it's on it's way  O0
I currently use the Edwin Jagger DE89bl when I am on a shaving hot streak and use my Edwin Jagger Mach 3 most days when I don't feel like slashing my face  g@@4

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #469 on: January 13, 2013, 06:54:40 PM »
Actually it's official name is The Bluebeards Revenge Double Edge Scimitar Razor  :)
.....and no I haven't.....but it's on it's way  O0
I currently use the Edwin Jagger DE89bl when I am on a shaving hot streak and use on itmy Edwin Jagger Mach 3 most days when I don't feel like slashing my face  g@@4

That sounds positively dangerous. When Bluebeard seeks revenge I can only imagine that it is a pretty bloody process. I hope that when it comes to shaving they can put the nasty, revengeful Bluebeard to sleep and allow the caring, nurturing Bluebeard to come forth.

Seriously though, 'bespoke German engineering' with the Bluebeard logo laser etched into it -- looks seriously good -- and it's on it's way you lucky bloke.

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #470 on: January 18, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »
Gillette Utraglide shaving Gel
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #471 on: January 28, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »
Right now I'm using the barbasol we already had.  When I run out I might go back to girl shaving cream just for the scents  ;D

For me as someone 9 days in it's really important I can see the cream on my head so I initially know where I've shaved and where I haven't.  After the first pass I touch up by feel but using a less visibly prominent head soap or headslick would be really difficult for me right now.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #472 on: January 28, 2013, 07:04:52 PM »
Right now I'm using the barbasol we already had.  When I run out I might go back to girl shaving cream just for the scents  ;D

For me as someone 9 days in it's really important I can see the cream on my head so I initially know where I've shaved and where I haven't.  After the first pass I touch up by feel but using a less visibly prominent head soap or headslick would be really difficult for me right now.
bella , you said you like that  boar brush , trust me they are nice.  Love mine.   O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline eric79

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2013, 07:34:10 PM »
I go back and forth between Bigalow shaving cream and Williams shaving soap. I have tried a bunch of stuff and still don' know what I like the best yet. I also used AOS creams and other soaps. I go to creams with a badger and soaps with a boar. depends on my mood in the morning most the time. I havn't used shaving gels in 3 months.

Eric

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #474 on: April 02, 2013, 06:19:54 PM »
Hi,

I've been using Bald Guyz Clear Shaving Gel, I got it at online retailer as it was 'on sale'. A little goes a long way, I would highly recommend it for those serious about shaving -it's good for the face, too. I wags using Noxzema for Sensitive Skin (which is far cheaper & you get more) before. Actually, I use anything 'fragrance free'.

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #475 on: April 12, 2013, 08:48:30 AM »
I used Nivea gel for years thinking it was great. Then when I got my ATX they sent a sample of Headslick. I put Headslick on one side of my head and the Gel on the other and couldn't believe how good Headslick was in comparison. I was saying to myself "what have I been doing all these years! using cheap twin blades and crappy gel"
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Sandy28

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #476 on: April 16, 2013, 05:33:25 AM »
id take the cream

Offline TV guy

• Sly Jr.
    • T.V.Puppetree
« Reply #477 on: April 16, 2013, 09:03:33 AM »
Proraso CAKE (in a tub) soap and a brush; cheaper and way better

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #478 on: April 23, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »
i ran out of my usual shaving gel, L'Oreal men expert....panic!...then I remembered I had a tin of shaving gel in one of my wash bags...I bought it a year or so ago, before I went sly, for facial shaving, it was from a £1 shop!..guess what...it gave an amazing shave! so close! no rash and my head felt great!! £1 a can! going to keep at it, and report back, been 5 days so far, no rash, no irritation, it appears to be grat quality, feels looks and smells like shaving gel....works like shaving gel....must be shaving gel!!

Johnny_T

« Reply #479 on: May 11, 2013, 05:55:20 AM »
 On work days I am rushed so I use King of Shaves Shave Gel on my head. I shave in the shower, no mirror and that stuff works great. I use a Fusion.   On my days off when I have more time to shave I use a cheap VDH Boar brush and at the moment Kiss My Face shave cream. Before that it was headslick and sometimes I use Bigelow.

On my face I am using Mikes Natural shaving soap. I use a Semogue 620 boar. I've used VDH soap as well as Mama Bear but find Mikes to be outstanding.   As for Gels that King of Shaves is great stuff in my book. Slick as ice and great protection.