Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 317896 times)

Offline Metch

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #330 on: May 29, 2010, 07:42:36 AM »
i like to use edge shave gel its pretty cheap (just outa high school no job) and works pretty well

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #331 on: May 31, 2010, 11:34:28 AM »
I have used Nivea for men, which I really like.  Bald Guyz shaving gel is great too.  Don't use gel on my head, but do on my face.  Using Mach III, tried Gillette Fusion, but I agree with the others too pricey. 

Bald is Beautiful.  Thanks Ty for all you do for us SBG's  ;D

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »
For most of the last 20 some years I've been shaving my head with edge gel.  I've tried the headslick and like that too. Lately I've been using some nutragena for men and really like it.

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2010, 09:02:25 AM »
No more Gel for me.
I have become addicted to the old brush and shaving soap, or shaving cream. I tried to mix up some Gillette shaving Gel with my brush in a bowl recently and could not produce a lather.
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #334 on: August 10, 2010, 03:32:56 PM »
The only thing canned shaving cream is good for is shooting with a gun.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f78zKnF-KwI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f78zKnF-KwI</a>

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2010, 08:54:08 PM »
Good shot! :*))
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline CliffCoultas

• GUITARIST WITH MYSTIQUE
  • Sly Jr.
    • MySpace
« Reply #336 on: August 18, 2010, 03:49:42 AM »
I use a $1.00 can of good old Barbasol with aloe. I do not like gels. they have a tendency to fill in the gaps between the blades. My friend switched a few years ago from gel to cream because I left a can of cream at his house. He's been using it ever since. He had the same problem.
Cliff Coultas

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #337 on: August 26, 2010, 12:02:56 AM »
I've been using Gillette Fusion gel so far. I get a nice close shave.

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #338 on: August 31, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »
I'm a fan of Edge gel.
TheBBQGuy

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #339 on: September 01, 2010, 08:36:13 PM »
If i use a mens shaving cream or gel on my head I'll get razor burn. My solution,  :Xo! unfortunatly  :( is to use a women's shaving gel with aloe vera. Before my headblade, I usually used my wife's gillette venus razors or the generic version of them. Even with the headblade, I use women's sensor blades and have to put the blade opposite of what the manufacture specifies. I have extremely sensive skin and have to be careful of what I use.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #340 on: September 01, 2010, 09:21:43 PM »
If i use a mens shaving cream or gel on my head I'll get razor burn. My solution,  :Xo! unfortunatly  :( is to use a women's shaving gel with aloe vera. Before my headblade, I usually used my wife's gillette venus razors or the generic version of them. Even with the headblade, I use women's sensor blades and have to put the blade opposite of what the manufacture specifies. I have extremely sensive skin and have to be careful of what I use.
Nothing wrong in that, use what works for you. Have you tried shave oil as a base coat before you apply the shaving cream?
Quite a few members here enjoy using shaving oil. You can use it by itself, but I prefer to use it along with shaving cream. I apply the oil and cream on my head and let it sit there while shaving my face, I find that this gives it enough time to really soften up the dome hair for a really smooth shave.
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #341 on: September 01, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »
Nothing wrong in that, use what works for you. Have you tried shave oil as a base coat before you apply the shaving cream?
Quite a few members here enjoy using shaving oil. You can use it by itself, but I prefer to use it along with shaving cream. I apply the oil and cream on my head and let it sit there while shaving my face, I find that this gives it enough time to really soften up the dome hair for a really smooth shave.

Yes I tried many types of oils with shaving gel, but i found if I'm using an oil, it's best to use baby oil. That's from my experience anyway. The best solution I found was using women's shaving cream with aloe vera and vitamin e. Sometimes I use a facial scrub and conditioner helps with irritation when I do get it.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline Dr.Mr.Ed

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #342 on: September 02, 2010, 07:39:27 AM »
Another vote for Edge Gel. I use the type with Vitamin E.
Sly since June 25, 2010.

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #343 on: September 19, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »
I started using Neutrogena Skin Clearing Shave Cream recently. Had been having problems with razor bumps. The stuff worked as advertised and I got a close shave besides.

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2010, 10:11:57 PM »
i have used it all and what works best for me is a mix of slick, KOS oil,S erect Shave,E oil,Baby oil. slick has heck and works for all passes with one application
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P