Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 318115 times)

cargoguy

Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #255 on: November 29, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »
I use a Shick Extreme razor and Nivea cream for men...works great, no cuts and a much closer shave than foam or gel...Just discovered it this week.  8)

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #256 on: December 14, 2008, 10:48:51 AM »
I got one of those little samples of Headslick included with my order of fresh Sensor Adaptors, and oh my freaking gord that stuff is awesome.  Tomorrow I am going to go out and buy a whole bottle of the stuff, and I may never buy another can of shave gel again.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #257 on: December 25, 2008, 11:07:55 PM »
I've been experimenting and I've decided that gel is superior to cream.  I thought cream was better because it was cheaper before, but I realized that you don't have to use as much gel so it doesn't matter that it's a little more. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #258 on: January 03, 2009, 04:21:36 AM »
I use Gillette foamy.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #259 on: January 03, 2009, 09:17:21 AM »
Ive just ran out of Shave Gel from Bald Guyz - i found it to be really good stuff,but having a problem picking it up locally.I can get it off the internet,but wanted to see if there is anything in the KOS range of equal or better quality??

Any ideas?

I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline DaithiSean

• Sly
  • stern mode whilst trying to work my webcam
« Reply #260 on: January 03, 2009, 12:07:54 PM »
Used to use the shaving soap block that I used on my face then used shaving cream.  However have recently been  converted to Headlades Headslick and found it the best thing - it's a pity that it's just so expensive here in the UK   :o as there are only few places on the web (in the UK) that supply the headblade range and to use the US sites costs the Earth in shipping.

Perhaps I need to arrange a trip to the States and stock up at Walgreens !  :-\
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 12:09:53 PM by DaithiSean »

Offline RockloudRockhard88

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #261 on: January 04, 2009, 12:53:21 PM »
i just used Barbasol Aloe shaving cream on my head this morning with my mach 3 it was awesome!!!!!!!!!
LONG LIVE THE MACH 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jagman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2009, 05:35:47 AM »
Hey Daithisean

I have the same problem getting HB merchandise in the UK, but sometimes you can get real bargains on eBay - I've bought Headlube for £3.99 (+£1.99 p&p) which is much cheaper than buying from eRetailers; I just look each week to see if there are any good deals on HB (or Bald Guyz) stuff. Actually, I've just ordered some BG shave cream/mosturiser:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370139613855

Because I like to use a variety of stuff, I also keep an eye open in supermarkets. You can get Nivea Exfoliator at about a third off at the moment in Tesco and in Sainsbury's you can buy St Ives Face Scrub for £1.99 (half price). Nivea shave gel is often on special offer at Superdrug/Wilkinsons and is my second choice to HeadSlick.

Cheers

Neil

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2009, 05:49:54 AM »
If you use Headslick, try a shaving brush. Put a dollop of headslick on your nogging and try working it in with a wet shaving brush. It's fantastic and works up quite a lather...!!   O0

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #264 on: January 05, 2009, 05:58:40 AM »
I got some "Molton Brown Super Shave" for Christmas and I must say it is spectacular! Really superior to everything I have ever used, although it is probably superior in price!!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #265 on: January 05, 2009, 07:27:22 AM »
Molton Brown is a very high end line, but I love their products.  I'm partial to King of Shaves MagnaGel.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #266 on: January 05, 2009, 03:47:56 PM »
I use King of Shaves Alphagel 8)

Offline Shaf

• Sly
« Reply #267 on: January 05, 2009, 04:45:34 PM »
I got some "Molton Brown Super Shave" for Christmas and I must say it is spectacular! Really superior to everything I have ever used, although it is probably superior in price!!

We have a Molton Brown store near me.  Stuff's great but usually the only things from their we get are the body washes my fiancee occasionally  buys and I occasionally pinch!
I knew they had skin care line but mustn't have notice the shaving stuff

Never tried the KOS shave gear.  They've  got so many different varieties

Offline Impaired

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #268 on: January 06, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »
I just use the cheap Barbasol/Colgate shave cream,it works and thats all I need it to do.I will try some Headslick products at some point.

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2009, 11:09:35 AM »
You can get Bald Guyz products in the UK from www.tryline.uk.com.

HBG