Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316488 times)

Offline abdominator3

• Sly Jr.
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #225 on: October 22, 2008, 08:17:24 AM »
well after using and experimenting with many razors I have come to the conclusion that mach3 turbo works the best for me! And I just started using livon hair fluid oil as a shaving lubricant  dang! This is the slickest product I have ever used very smooth shave  no blade clogging bloody brilliant!its unbelievable! 8) Like headslick azwel...

BE BALd BE PROUD

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #226 on: October 22, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »
well after using and experimenting with many razors I have come to the conclusion that mach3 turbo works the best for me! And I just started using livon hair fluid oil as a shaving lubricant  dang! This is the slickest product I have ever used very smooth shave  no blade clogging bloody brilliant!its unbelievable! 8) Like headslick azwel...

BE BALd BE PROUD

... Man.. a day after i ordered the famed ROLLING RAZOR, you came to this conclusion.  We'll see what kind of results i get from the RR.

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »
A little advice...

Use the minimum amount of pressure you can with the Rolling Razor, it doesn't take much. For me it was best to get the technique down on my face first, then move to my head.

Enjoy!

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2008, 04:55:35 PM »

BE BALd BE PROUD

... Man.. a day after i ordered the famed ROLLING RAZOR, you came to this conclusion.  We'll see what kind of results i get from the RR.

Hmmmm....I thought someone was hooked on the RR last week....wonder what happened??

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2008, 01:09:01 PM »
I use generic or gillete shave foam.  It works fine and it is so cheap compared to any headslick or oil or anything like that.  The foam also doesn't gunk up the blade. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »
I went back to using headslick on the noggin since brother Mike suggested using the brush....works great and you can really work up the lather and save on headslick to boot.... O0

Offline Flibustier

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2008, 12:44:50 PM »
Hello everyone,
Been shaving for a long time (17 or 18 years not sure), and i use cream with new blade everytime.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »
Hello everyone,
Been shaving for a long time (17 or 18 years not sure), and i use cream with new blade everytime.

What brand of blades do you use bro? Do you throw out your blade after 1 shave?

Wow.....just curious.....lol......

Will

« Reply #233 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:08 AM »
After speaking to another Sly Bro about cutting down on routine time and saving money I've given the old Edge Gel a try again with some inexpensive razors.  It actually didn't do too bad.  It's like I almost hate to admit it but there really wasn't that much of a difference with this routine and my usual long and costly one.   :-\  I got some Sensitive Edge Shave Gel and some Sensitive Schick SlimTwin blades.  Schick has a new kind out that only has two blades with a little device you can push which will clean the blades out after every pass.  The gel actually was way better than the HeadSlick or anything like it in my opinion because it stays foamed a lot longer.  With the HeadSlick I have to keep adding to my dome.  The Edge was only $2.50 for 8oz.  I may even have to give the good ol' Barbasol Foam a try next.  That stuff is only $1.25 for 8oz in my area.   

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2008, 11:52:02 AM »
It's like I almost hate to admit it but there really wasn't that much of a difference with this routine and my usual long and costly one. 

That's great, dude.  The cheaper the better, imo.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #235 on: November 03, 2008, 12:31:04 PM »
  The gel actually was way better than the HeadSlick or anything like it in my opinion because it stays foamed a lot longer.  With the HeadSlick I have to keep adding to my dome. 

I changed to gel because of that also. Then Mikekoz came up with the shaving brush idea and it works great with the headslick. Just wet a shaving brush and put a dab of headslick on top of the noggin and work it in....get lots of foam and even have enough left over in the brush to shave the face without using any more..... O0

Offline abdominator3

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2008, 05:58:37 AM »
any of u used the extra virgin olive oil yet?? 8)

very very nice.. O0

Will

« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2008, 07:08:04 AM »
any of u used the extra virgin olive oil yet?? 8)

very very nice.. O0

Haven't tried it yet but I've heard more and more people talking about it.  I just never liked the way oils felt.  I used a King of Shaves oil for a while but it always left my dome feeling too oily afterward.  Almost greasy.  How does the olive oil leave you head feeling after the shave?  And do you put anything on it afterward as a moisturizer?  Well, I guess you wouldn't have to, huh?  The olive oil probably takes care of that. 

Oh yeah, and about those Schick SlimTwin Blades.  I'd skip them.  That is if anyone was thinking about trying them out.  My stubble came back so quick it wasn't funny.  Plus my head has all kinds of little razor bumps on it this morning.  The Edge Gel is still ok in my book but I'm not getting these dinky razors again. 

Offline abdominator3

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2008, 10:41:25 AM »
hey lance... I have used many oils.. king of shaves, pacific, total shaving solution, shave secret,baby oil.
until I started using the extra virgin O.O on the advise of my doctor.find it to be the best among the lot. The trick is not to use lots of it, and its not invisible or clear like most oils, and you will kno where u have applied it. Be assured no burns, irritation, zero nicks.very close shave, no gels or creams can get me as close.
yup u are right it acts as a great moisturizer azwell, as its very similar to the oil produced by our skin.
an interesting observation with it is after u finish the shave dry ur blade you can put a lil layer of it on the blades , helps in keeping the blade shiny crisp and sharp..
Give it a try bro, use only the extra virgin one. 8)

Will

« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »
hey lance... I have used many oils.. king of shaves, pacific, total shaving solution, shave secret,baby oil.
until I started using the extra virgin O.O on the advise of my doctor.find it to be the best among the lot. The trick is not to use lots of it, and its not invisible or clear like most oils, and you will kno where u have applied it. Be assured no burns, irritation, zero nicks.very close shave, no gels or creams can get me as close.
yup u are right it acts as a great moisturizer azwell, as its very similar to the oil produced by our skin.
an interesting observation with it is after u finish the shave dry ur blade you can put a lil layer of it on the blades , helps in keeping the blade shiny crisp and sharp..
Give it a try bro, use only the extra virgin one. 8)

Thanks for the advice bro.   O0  I've tried just about every product out there even when I shouldn't have been spending the money.   ;D  Why not the olive oil?  I'll give it a go on the next shave.