Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316315 times)

Offline jumissa.fi

• Finnish B.B.C.
  • Sly
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2008, 01:06:54 PM »
I prefer gillette´s foam..  :D
--- BBC since July 2oo7 ---

http://www.myspace.com/jumissafi

Offline Legion

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »
I shave my head and my face with purely water, nothing more.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »
I am trying things on a weekly basis.  Dig the fusion (but need more passes to get the lil' hair streaks)  The HB is cool, but not down the backside and the nape.  Been using Headslick with a witchhazel then alcohol after splash.  Mmmmmmmh... lovin the burn!  Tightens my pores like my bum in a room full of randy rhinos!  Think will try KOS anti-bacterial in a week or so.  I still have severe wounds on the back of the dome from going fast and pressing too hard with the HB.  Waiting for them to clear up.  I keep Gillette Complete Skin Care and Bald Guyz moisturizers in the fridge.  Nice cool down after breakfast. I use whatever one I manage to find first. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2008, 11:29:20 PM »
Man, I use Headblade once every single day and most of the time twice a day and have yet to cut myself in over a month.
Anyway, for a couple weeks now I have been using a St Ives body soap on my head and lathering it up and shaving it. I don't "soften" the hair first...it's only a millimeter or so long...not sure how soft it can actually get. I don't use any exfoliant...nothing fancy. Between the Headblade brand lotion and some spf, my head stays moist well enough that I don't worry about drying it out with extra soap time on the head.

So, I have moved from gel to soap.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #214 on: August 16, 2008, 01:53:39 PM »
I use king of shaves,  kintexium shaving oil, this is the best shaving oil i have ever used.i have tried all the standard king of shaves oils , as well as somersets and total shave solution oil[this is the worst oil i have tried, used it once, the razor seemed to drag across the scalp and resulted in a rarther large flake of skin being removed from the dome, ouch.] i always shave in the shower,  after washing i use  a exfoliator then i massage in three spurts of oil on the dome, two for face shaving, i then rinse under the shower, followed by a cold rinse to close the pores, and then to finish i apply nivia extreme comfort after shave balm or headlube matte, hope this helps.

Offline smoothpate

• Proud Member of Local 69
  • Sly Jr.
  • Look Ma, No More Bad Hair Days!!!!!
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2008, 12:22:25 PM »
I tried Gillette Foamy when I first started shaving but I tended to get a few nicks here and there.   :( I switched to Edge Gel for Sensitive Skin (Orange cap) and it worked great on my head, but I couldn't get as close of a shave on my face.  :-\ I switched to Edge Gel for Tough Beards (Maroon cap) and it worked great but left my face feeling dry.  :-\ So I switched to Edge Gel with Vitamin E (Purple cap) and that has worked best of all   O0 plus it keeps both my head and face moisturized which is essential out here in the desert.

On a recent weekend trip I picked up a travel size of Gillette Series Gel (because Target stopped carring the travel size of Edge) and I wasn't really impressed with it.  :( It left my head and face with a greasy feel.  :Xo!
Can of Edge Shaving Gel: $ 2.24
4 Pack of Mach III Blades: $ 4.69
Having a Smooth, Cleanly Shaved Head: PRICELESS

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2008, 12:30:13 PM »
BaldGuyz Gel and a good shaving oil under it.  Can't beat it.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2008, 11:19:58 AM »
Edge Gel.  Get the one for thick hair.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Srben

« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »
First post! Woo hoo! I tried the water only method. It works surprisingly well.  O0

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2008, 08:22:13 PM »
First post! Woo hoo! I tried the water only method. It works surprisingly well.  O0

All I can say is "OUCH".... Was there no blood involved???
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »

I've shaved a few times just using water and a Mach 3.  It did suprise me how well it worked, although I don't think I had as close a shave.  No cuts though.

A friend of mine uses water only, he says any shave lube/gel/foam makes him break out.

Offline Shaf

• Sly
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2008, 05:31:38 AM »
BaldGuyz Gel and a good shaving oil under it.  Can't beat it.

Red

Ditto,  BaldGuyz Gel with with either Hot Six Oil/Shave Secret/Musgo Pre Shave Oil

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2008, 08:05:08 AM »

I've shaved a few times just using water and a Mach 3.  It did suprise me how well it worked, although I don't think I had as close a shave.  No cuts though.

A friend of mine uses water only, he says any shave lube/gel/foam makes him break out.

I shaved my face for years with just splashing on hot water, I haven't done the dome yet that way but I'm sure it might happen some day. I have been in my truck and reallized that I missed a spot and hit it dry with my HB that I keep in my truck to model for the pics that I've posted up here.

Offline Srben

« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2008, 11:04:27 PM »
No, no blood or cuts. I went out last night and bought Head Slick. It works good too.

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #224 on: August 29, 2008, 11:51:20 PM »
I use Shave Secret shaving oil. It took a little getting used to, but I love being able to go over and over my head to get that perfectly smooth shave - something I couldn't do with with shaving cream. I've been shaving my head for over 10 years now.

Update: I have switched! I still use Shave Secret, but now I use it in combination with Head Slick. This "dynamic duo" makes my dome ULTRA slick, and I can sling that razor around as much as I want with zero friction.  I can't remember who recommended it, but whoever you are, THANKS! This is by far the smoothest headshave I have ever experienced! O0 O0
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:19:23 AM by IRONHORSE »