Author Topic: If you could give any advice to someone who is balding or thinking of shaving...  (Read 213235 times)

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
i havent shaved the head since last thursday...i got about a 1/8 growth on it...and half of whats left is GREY!! not to mention this weekend was the first time i grew a goatee in months...and guess what...more than half the goatee was GREY!!...geez..i can't win  :Xo! after seeing all this grey on the noggin i won't be growing it out more than 2 days again.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline half-shaved

• Sly Jr.
Thanks for the welcomes...

My dad is white headed and has the ever-growing spot in the back. He keeps saying he wants to just go ahead and do it, but my step-mom "won't let him". He also keeps saying, "I don't think it would look good professionally."

Dad? You're retired!

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
SHAVE IT!  I doubt you'll go back, but look on the bright side friend, it won;t take long if you do decide... hehe As my wife points out when I get lazy.... now, not only do I have a huge putting green on the back of my melon, I have a few "traps" seem to be forming all around it, lol At least only 1 "widening" Cart path leading back there hhaha Shaved4Life! haha
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life

He keeps saying he wants to just go ahead and do it, but my step-mom "won't let him"

DOHH!

Offline baldhog

• Sly Jr.
If you're thinking of shaving because you're losing  your hair- SHAVE IT!  Nothing looks worse than a guy with a comb-over... plus the Galagher/David Crosby/Friar Tuck look is never in with the ladies...

Also don't respect men who are so concerned about keeping their hair that they take drugs whose side effects include impotence.

I'm reminded of the Snicker's Commercial where the guy made a toupe out of candy bars and everyone laughs at him.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
If you're thinking of shaving because you're losing  your hair- SHAVE IT!  Nothing looks worse than a guy with a comb-over... plus the Galagher/David Crosby/Friar Tuck look is never in with the ladies...

Also don't respect men who are so concerned about keeping their hair that they take drugs whose side effects include impotence.

I'm reminded of the Snicker's Commercial where the guy made a toupe out of candy bars and everyone laughs at him.

Well said bro!   O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Best that I can give is to take care when shaving for the first time... Make sure you know your head, that you have a Propper razor, and that you have ATLEAST buzzed up your head so that it does not pull, and you don't have to make multiple passes.

And o ya, almost forgot: you might not want to have more than three or four beers in you when you do it.  It becomes so easy to cut the Hell out of your head, and then it becomes all the more easier to expand the Carve into something of a little visible Fault in your scalp. 

Beer+Razor+Head= One Narley Scar+Story [one equation that we all don't want to have to balance]
Peace

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Unimaginable freedom and Slyness await you!   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

BaldRob

Beer+Razor+Head= One Narley Scar+Story [one equation that we all don't want to have to balance]

But chicks dig scars!!  And who knows (except you) that the story you're telling them is total BS...  O:O

Offline eclipse41904

• Learning the way of Sly
If you're thinning or balding or whatever, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY JUST SHAVE IT OFF! PLEASE! I'm not balding yet (I'm actually surprised because my dad was going bald at 25) but I have a receding hairline but I'm able to still grow all my hair, but I shave my head instead. I cant stand hair to be honest and it looks hell of alot better on me. This whole comb-over crap is stupid and rediculous. The whole hair club for men is just plain horrendous. Why in God's name would you want a rug slapped to your head! Imagine if that thing fell off or something or blew away in the wind! Imagine how REDICULOUS you would look! I would even laugh myself at such montrosity! Why put yourself in public like that where you know people will stare or laugh and say "does that guy have a rug" or "that is  a nasty combover"....look at Donald Trump! I think that dude looks horrendous I dont care how much money he has, he looks rediculous with that combover. Its disgusting. Remember this, people make fun of bald guys who have combovers or a rug, they dont make fun of people for shaving their heads and looks what I like to call "DECENT and DIGNIFIED. Keep that in mind. Rock on SLY brothers!

jusbnme

If you're thinning or balding or whatever, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY JUST SHAVE IT OFF! PLEASE! I'm not balding yet (I'm actually surprised because my dad was going bald at 25) but I have a receding hairline but I'm able to still grow all my hair, but I shave my head instead. I cant stand hair to be honest and it looks hell of alot better on me. This whole comb-over crap is stupid and rediculous. The whole hair club for men is just plain horrendous. Why in God's name would you want a rug slapped to your head! Imagine if that thing fell off or something or blew away in the wind! Imagine how REDICULOUS you would look! I would even laugh myself at such montrosity! Why put yourself in public like that where you know people will stare or laugh and say "does that guy have a rug" or "that is  a nasty combover"....look at Donald Trump! I think that dude looks horrendous I dont care how much money he has, he looks rediculous with that combover. Its disgusting. Remember this, people make fun of bald guys who have combovers or a rug, they dont make fun of people for shaving their heads and looks what I like to call "DECENT and DIGNIFIED. Keep that in mind. Rock on SLY brothers!

Some good points.  Welcome eclipse.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Bald Rob, I feel you... But it is bad enough to lie to them about my name, [on occassion] my profession, and practicly everything else!  Got to draw the line somewhere so they don't start "catching on"!  >:D

Got to be believeable... But I Feel ya!
Peace

BaldRob

But it is bad enough to lie to them about my name

You're never lying to them about your name... you're just misdirecting them "just in case"!

Case in point... I had this attractively challenged chick hitting on me recently, and I told her my name was Paul Burke and gave her his phone number!   O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility

You're never lying to them about your name... you're just misdirecting them "just in case"!

Case in point... I had this attractively challenged chick hitting on me recently, and I told her my name was Paul Burke and gave her his phone number!   O0

:*)) O0 :*)) O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility

:*)) O0 :*)) O0

That's funny because its the OTHER Paul :*))
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost