Author Topic: permission slip signed and on the bus  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: permission slip signed and on the bus
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 10:54:01 PM »
BTW,,,you look like one tough mofo now

Agreed, Andre.  440, it looks great, but I'm sure deep down inside you're probably smiling from ear to ear that you had the guts to do the deed.  So congrats on that, and definitely keep the 30 days in mind.  It's the best test.  There are plenty of posts to read about getting the smoothest shave, but you've already done the hardest thing, taking the plunge.  If you have any questions that you can't find an answer for, feel free to post up.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 12:09:12 AM »
Big Congrats bro'

You rock the sly look!!!!

As far as the ladies they love it, no not all but the ones that do will be very forward about it.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 04:53:44 AM »
440.....welcome fellow chrome dome.  the sly suits ya. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 07:36:03 AM »
Thanks Warhawk and all.  Christmas eve party tonight so I'll be able to sport the chrome for a big event.  8) Be interested to see if anyone says something then.  I'm getting used to the look.

Now that I've done the deed it does feel better though, at least I don't have to deal with the bad pictures where my huge forehead is all you see in the shot.

Attached the picture from this summer that sort of sealed the deal.  Stupid grin is due to a few brews.  This shot told me to get back to the gym again and flared up the "I need to go sly" thought to outrun the mpb.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:11:26 PM by 440satellite »

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 08:38:33 AM »
Hey 440, it looks great!!!
But, it's really how YOU feel about it that matters. The initial shock wears off after a few days (or, at least it did for me) and after a while, you'll perfect a shaving technique that's good for you. Just make sure:

1. Use a moisturizing after shave lube (especially during the drier winter months). I still occasionally use HeadBlade's HeadLube (matte finish....no shine for me) but once that's empty, I'll exclusively use L'Oreal's After Shave Balm with SPF 15. It spreads easier, no shine, smells good, and has some sun protection. A little more expensive, but worth it.
2. Get into the habit of applying SPF if you're going to be outside for an extended period of time. No need for melacoma to come knockin' on your door.
3. It sounds like your first dome shave was with something other than the HeadBlade. There are a lot of HB users here on SBG (me included) that swear by that thing. Just make certain to not apply any additional pressure to the blade and focus on keeping the wheels (Sport) or plastic nub (Classic, which I use) in contact with your skin. The blade is already set at the optimum angle.

Good Luck! It looks good...stay sly!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »
Hey, 440,  Looks great and very SLY.  I'm betting you'll grow to love it more as each day passes and as you get more comfortable with it and forget that you ever had hair.  The smoothness will improve over time, as you experiment and get your technique down.  Just remember to go against the grain for the closest shave.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 09:33:17 PM »
440, I'm kinda late on this topic, but congrats on doing the deed bro!  Looks good and just keep with it and you'll be used to it in no time at all... velcro sucks but it's something you'll always battle.  Glad you're permission slip is signed and you're now on the bus!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 07:41:08 AM »
404 it looks fantastic.  The velcro thing and close shaves will come, you're learning about your head in a totally new way.  Try all the routines, experiment, buy some new weapons, I'm Power Fusion, and some Headslick, and baby oil is apparently now a "hot" item w/ us, have fun, enjoy, and tell us about how many people say:1 you look younger, and 2 that you have the "head for it!"  This is fun, glad you've joined.