Author Topic: Foil shaver  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
Foil shaver
« on: March 09, 2020, 08:38:48 PM »
For anyone who uses a foil shaver what has gotten them the closest and what do you find works best?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Foil shaver
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 10:51:17 PM »
Andis Profoil Lithium shaver

I use them everyday at work - on heads - and they beat any of the others (including the Wahl brand), even the ridiculously expensive others like the Braun's).  AND, you can get both replacement blades and foil heads for them for cheap as well.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 07:23:43 AM »
I have one of the Andis shavers and I have had them used by a barber on my head as well.  It is the best shave from any electric that I have ever experienced.  I still prefer my cartridge razor blade shave, but I use the Andis when I travel.
SlyBeard

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 11:45:06 AM »
For winter , I use a Braun series 5 , or The Pit Bull Gold shaver. Both do a fast and good job , the Braun is closer , but slower than the PBG shaver.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »
Thanks I want one for when im pressed for time but want to keep stubble free.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 05:06:55 AM »
I just ordered a Babyliss pro foil shaver, will give you a review when I get it
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline clute

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 08:20:11 AM »
I love the blades more but do shave with a foil razor as well. Any body uses a double foil? Cause for me, that is not working as well?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 08:06:27 AM »
I've had a Remington triple head for over 10 years. I use it to pre-shave sides and back everyday. Works very good and I replace the blades and screens about once a year.

For guys thinking about trying a foil shaver, mine gets it ALMOST close as a blade. Very bald, but you will feel the stubble a little sooner than with a razor shave.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 10:47:47 AM »
In the morning I use the Braun foil wet/dry shaver dry then a couple of hours later I lather up my head then shave it again with the Braun.  After I'm done, I lather up again and shave my entire head with my de.  The blades seem to last a lot longer and I get a really close shave.  My hair is really thick so if I skip a day, not even my electric will cut it in which case I have to shave with the grain using my Murker slant.  I think I'll keep it shaved but it does take a lot of work to keep it smooth.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 01:06:04 AM »
I just ordered a Babyliss pro foil shaver, will give you a review when I get it

The Babyliss gives me a very close shave when I don't have time to wet shave. I now can shave every third day instead of every five days because of my work schedule.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 07:42:33 AM »
I have an Andis Profoil Lithium shaver which shaves nicely close and smooth. It's great for travelling (although I'm not doing much of that during the pandemic). But I do find the profile takes longer than a wet shave now I'm more practised at shaving my head.  The electric can also irritate my skin a little if I shave a little too much to make sure its smooth!  So I have to be careful with that.