Author Topic: Want to get a septum ring, but unsure...  (Read 34668 times)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
Re: Want to get a septum ring, but unsure...
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 04:25:15 PM »
I want to get a septum ring, and eventually stretch it to a nice thick bullring like I've seen on some members here. However, there are some things I'd like to ask about.

I don't care about the pain of the initial piercing, but how painful and/or difficult is healing? Anything to look out for?

I've also heard its really easy to hide. How noticeable is it when it's flipped up into the nose?

After its healed(at a small, initial gauge), when you take it out does it close back up? I wouldn't want to wear it all the time.

And lastly, how noticeable is the hole with no jewelry in it when stretched to about the width of, say, a bic pen?

And don't worry, I know about the "sweet spot."

Got my septum piercing done back in November 2014, and was asking similar questions as you.

When my septum pierced, I wore a retainer - looked like a pin. No one could see it. After a couple weeks to allow the piercing to heal, I swapped to a horseshoe. This has been stretched up to a 8g / 2.4 mm and with a bigger horseshoe. The horseshoe can be easily flipped up inside the nose, which is what I do in the office. And nobody notices. And it's quite comfortable to wear when flipped up.

From personal experience, a piercing can close up in a matter of hours. I wear my septum piercing horseshoe continuously without any problems. I really like it.

Offline old_hippie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 11:01:50 PM »
I like my septum ring,it is an "0" gauge

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
Extraordinary !

Offline Jotun

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »
Okay, I'm the OP(Bald Hobbit) and completely forgot my password to SBG and my password to my old email and never bothered to get a new one. So I know this is an old post, but people have commented on it more recently, so hey.

A year ago I had my septum pierced at a 14g and since then have been stretching, recently up to an 8g. I'm aiming for a 00 so I can get a nice sized septum tusk in, though in terms of rings I plan on wearing them up to 4g, then inside silicone tunnels as I kept stretching. I wanted to say thanks for the encouragement, however late this is. Love the facial tattoos, guys.

This last stretch to an 8g weirded me out a bit. It was really tender the first night, but the next day felt like it had been in at least a month. It was actually looser just a few days after, now a week later, than it had been before the stretch.

The ring just slides around inside it, no friction at all. I'm inclined to wonder if this means it'll be ready to stretch again way before the piercer said it would in 3-4 months. I'm going to bring it up with him when I get my tongue pierced soonish.

I plan in the future earlobes, tongue, and labret if I figure out how much risk I have of gum erosion.

Offline Jotun

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2015, 05:01:44 PM »
Oh yes, and more useless natter--I finally quit my stupid job, so I got to stretch wearing a CBR instead of a CBB, which I never liked the look of. Also, initially I thought the piercing was farther back than I liked, but as I've stretched the edge of the ring has gotten close enough where it's almost touching the front of the nostril, so it's finally starting to look the way I've wanted it to since I got it.

I was actually just as nervous going to a solid ring as I was when I first got it pierced since I was making it impossible to hide--a bit more dramatic than a wire you can toss up your sinuses if you want someone not to see it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:17:30 PM by Jotun »

Offline Jotun

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2015, 06:44:25 PM »
Old_Hippie, I want to get a labret and stretch it like yours, just wondering if you've had any problems with gum recession?

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2015, 10:02:00 AM »
Oh yes, and more useless natter--I finally quit my stupid job, so I got to stretch wearing a CBR instead of a CBB

What are the 2 CBR and CBB?  I've no idea what the abbreviations mean, but have to admit I'm quite intrigued by septum piercings.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Jotun

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2015, 01:07:32 PM »
A captive bead ring(CBR) is a complete ring with a bead held in the middle, like Old_Hippie has in his photo above. A Circular barbell(CBB) is a circlular horseshoe shaped ring with a ball screwed into both ends. These are ideal for those with jobs that don't allow piercings, as they can be flipped up into the nose with only really short people noticing. I prefer CBRs since I like it looking more solid. Cheaper too, since they're not as complex to make.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 05:36:29 AM »
The CBR that I'm wearing (in my ear) right now requires tools to remove the ball, so it's in there for the longer term. Same would go for a segment ring.  Up to about 14 gauge you can replace the beads yourself. After that, you need tools.

Offline BaldWriter

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 10:50:10 PM »
The CBR that I'm wearing (in my ear) right now requires tools to remove the ball, so it's in there for the longer term. Same would go for a segment ring.  Up to about 14 gauge you can replace the beads yourself. After that, you need tools.

mrzed,

What gauge are you at?

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2015, 02:48:26 AM »

mrzed,

What gauge are you at?
Twelve. Probably as large as I'm going to go.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:20:30 AM by mrzed »

Offline BaldWriter

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2015, 08:54:05 AM »

Twelve. Probably as large as I'm going to go.

Looks good! It's very distinctive seeing one larger-size ring.

Offline BaldWriter

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2015, 04:25:16 PM »
BaldWriter, your INBOX is full. I tried to PM you and it bounced.  If you want the message, please delete some messages from your PM page. Mr Zed.

Please try again -- I freed up some space.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2015, 10:37:34 AM »

Blimey!!!! Is that real tattoo etc or what!!!!! Why??????

Ok, each to their own, just asking buddy!

Offline old_hippie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2016, 06:15:28 PM »

Blimey!!!! Is that real tattoo etc or what!!!!! Why??????

Ok, each to their own, just asking buddy!

yes my face is tattooed green for real
also my septum ring is not removable as being an "0"
gauge I do not have tools to remove it
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:17:36 PM by old_hippie »