Author Topic: Want to get a septum ring, but unsure...  (Read 34676 times)

Offline Ta2Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Guy in Training
    • ta2guy.org
Re: Want to get a septum ring, but unsure...
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 04:36:40 PM »
I do not mean this to sound condescending. It isn't. I am honestly surprised, and sad, that in 2014, any guy feels so reluctant and worried about getting an earring. It's no secret that the U.S. differs radically from place to place, in values and beliefs and customs. It's just hard to believe, reading this thread, that it's to this extreme degree.
. . .

Even if it's about something as small as an earring.
OH Steeltoe, how totally I agree with you.  And it certainly isn't just on this board.  The last few years the USA seems to have developed the intemperance of Salem, Mass, in the 17th  century with respect of "social issues" that shouldn't even be issues, from earrings to tattoos to the person whom one loves.

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 01:50:47 PM »
Any piercing in the nose on a man looks terrible.  I would highly recommend piercing somewhere else.  Ears on men is good and nipples is a turn on to women. 
Genitals is ok, but forget the nose.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
I agree. Looks awful but i guess if its what 'you' want then so be it!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »
I'll disagree. Not something I'd want for myself, but on some guys a nose ring can be really hot.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 07:31:40 PM »
I'll disagree. Not something I'd want for myself, but on some guys a nose ring can be really hot.

Example : Frontier Guy wears it we'll.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 09:12:05 PM »
Thanks Magoo.

A septum ring is a very personal decision. To me, it says a lot about who I am - just like my shaved head it is part of the total package. I am totally comfortable and confident in myself. And like my shaved head I wish I'd gotten the septum piercing long ago instead of dallying and worrying what people might think.

Remarkably, I have far more friends since I added the ring than before, which I believe is better attributed to my increased self-confidence. I really don't have much time or patience for anyone who would feel squeamish about being seen WITH me. Those are their issues.

The septum ring has been a remarkable icebreaker. I have been blessed to meet many incredible people in all walks of life from around the world where the conversation started simply because they were curious.

Added bonus. It helps distinguish me from all the other tall, bald, goodlookin' guys wandering around this metro area. (intended tongue in cheek) I am, ahem, somewhat unforgettable. LOL. The only time I remove it is for work when I clock in (not approved business appearance) ... and I become quite invisible in the crowd.

Oh yeah, sense of humor is essential. You truly cannot take yourself too seriously when you are different - whether it's a piercing, a tat, a shaved head or any of a myriad of other differentiators.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 08:57:21 AM »

Oh yeah, sense of humor is essential. You truly cannot take yourself too seriously when you are different - whether it's a piercing, a tat, a shaved head or any of a myriad of other differentiators.

I like your attitude Frontier Guy! Very well said.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 04:37:02 PM »
Remarkably, I have far more friends since I added the ring than before, which I believe is better attributed to my increased self-confidence. 

This is my favorite line.   O0   

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
I would say that they work against your looks for something hanging out of your nose.
If you want an extreme  piercing, as I consider a septum, go for a PA.  They are great.

Offline Dapperskin

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 08:14:09 PM »
I have had my septum at a low gauge for awhile now and it's a great piercing. It's easy to turn up inside your nose if you don't want it out at certain times.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2014, 10:49:44 PM »
That sounds uncomfortable.

Offline Dapperskin

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 12:47:07 AM »
the size of the ring can affect how comfortable is it too turn up into your nose, but in most cases you can't feel it up there.

Offline rss114

• Sly
  • Finally Sly
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 12:05:35 PM »
I'm considering getting mine done that or a cartilage piercing

Offline six

• I feel Aero Dymanic!
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »
Good job man, go for it!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:20:25 PM by six »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 11:36:16 PM »
I'm considering getting mine done that or a cartilage piercing
I had trouble with cartilage piercings.  They take a very long time to heal.  And since I sleep on my side, I kept irritating the cartilage piercing in my left ear.  I took them out when I went to become a monk.  When I came back my piercer recommended keeping them out because he was afraid they would damage my new hearing aids.

so, for now I just have the two lobes pierced with a small gold ring in each of them.