Author Topic: Has anyone else tried Gillette Skinguard?  (Read 1186 times)

Offline chris7789

• Learning the way of Sly
Has anyone else tried Gillette Skinguard?
« on: September 12, 2019, 06:46:09 AM »
So I’m almost at 30 days of shaving my head and loving the look so far, but for  the first few weeks I just used a $9 Bic for sensitive skin (I just picked up the first thing that looked okay, my first head shave was definitely on an impulse). I still ended up with a good amount of irritation but it got somewhat better with practice but I’d get the occasional cut and some razor bumps. So I picked up Gillette’s Skinguard and it honestly did a really great job. No cuts or irritation. It didn’t feel as close when I went with the grain, but when I went against it, my scalp was as smooth as I like having it. It is probably because it has only two blades but I’ve read around that it’s better because hair won’t get stuck between them (it could be a misconception, I don’t have any sources on that). I think I’ll keep using this razor for a while. Has anyone else tried this razor? If you’re new to shaving or have pretty sensitive skin, I think it could be a good option.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
Re: Has anyone else tried Gillette Skinguard?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 09:43:24 AM »
Yep. I've been using the Fusion for a number of years, it's long been my go-to razor. I recently changed to the Skinguard and feel it is the best razor I've ever used in term of giving a smooth, safe and fast shave.
The only negative is that I'm finding the blades wearing quicker so I'm not getting as long out of the blades. But tbh I'm only using it a few months.