Author Topic: Who do you look up to being BALD?  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Johnz1986

• Sly Guy in Training
Who do you look up to being BALD?
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:05:05 AM »
Hi fellow Sly's,

Thought I'd ask who you look up to being bald?. This could be anyone from celebs, athletes or a famous person. I'm sure everyone has someone they idolise being bald or they look up to for inspiration!.

For me would be

Billy Zane(The Panthom). Billy Zane always had a very masculine chiselled look into him and always had a full set of hair but once he was balding a few years ago, he went for the full shaved look.

Dwayne Johnson(Fast Five) Dwayne always has been an inspiration to me through WWE and his bad ass persona as an actor, he also had a full set of hair but I still believe he is also a BBC (bald by choice) and his recent films him having a shaved look really displays his physical presence and giving him a more dominant look.

Vin Diesel(Riddick) Vin Diesel was someone I saw I can picture myself looking like. His deep commanding voice and tough guy persona is someone I idolise.

Hope everyone come up with atleast one person they idolise or portray. Lets keep it positive and SLY as always! :) :) :)

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
Re: Who do you look up to being BALD?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »
I don't look up to or idolize him but people often say I look Michael Stipe. I just take it as an insult and move on.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
I don't look up to or idolize him but people often say I look Michael Stipe. I just take it as an insult and move on.

Funny. But I think Michael Stipe is cool. So they are probably commenting on your coolness.  ;)
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »
Thanks Mike, I guess I never thought of it that way.  :)

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 06:32:12 PM »
Steve Smith, who is a wide receiver in the NFL formerly of the Carolina Panthers and now the Baltimore Ravens, is one who I look up to. I don't know if he's BBC or by nature but he's always looked good and tough bald. He's definitely tough physically so the bald look just suits him perfectly.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 07:08:58 PM »
The list goes on and on and on for me....but as a game show junkie, my personal favorites would have to be Howie Mandel, Wayne Brady and Steve Harvey. I think all three are BBC, though there is some debate about whether or not Steve is/was thinning.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Hairloss BaldWin

• Sly Jr.
  • www.hairlossbaldwin.com
    • Hairloss BaldWin
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 06:18:47 AM »
It would have to br Frank Medrano and Seth Godin for me. I actually just wrote a post about this very topic today haha... coincidence! Check it out if you have the time http://hairlossbaldwin.com/bald-superheroes/

But this is what I try and tell guys losing their hair... get a role model and emulate them. It's such a big part of the process and so undermined!
Helping guys realize that the only real way of dealing with going bald is accepting it and loving yourself unconditionally - www.hairlossbaldwin.com

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 03:42:56 PM »
Samuel L. Jackson. Probably because of the tough guy image he projects.
Hair is over rated.

Offline ksshane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 11:44:15 AM »
I never really thought about it until I read this post.   If we are talking famous people.. Probably Dewayne Johnson and Vin Diesel like the orginal poster.

but really for me it was the various people here on this forum that made me feel comfortable enough to make the life style change.  So you guys are who I look up to when it comes to people being sly.

Not meaning to sound sappy... But it wasnt someone famous that made me feel comfortable with my slyness.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 08:01:54 AM »
Yul Brenner and Telly Savalas
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:03:40 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline clint14

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 08:32:43 AM »
vin diesel
dwayne johnson
jason statham
bruce willis

these guys look great bald ....
Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life.