Author Topic: NEWBIE: To shave or clip? MPB or slick?  (Read 3004 times)

Offline jackbuzz2003

• Learning the way of Sly
NEWBIE: To shave or clip? MPB or slick?
« on: July 07, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »
Hi guys!
New here.
And I am up in the air. 
Clippered? Shave the wisps? Shave it slick? 
I had a ponytail, a mullet and then a flattop for years.
I have a big stache.
THANKS!

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
Re: NEWBIE: To shave or clip? MPB or slick?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »
You KNOW guys on a bald guy forum are going to vote for Clippered don't ya? :/O
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 05:35:50 PM »
 Hack off the stache and post a picture......... C*$n

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:01:30 PM »
Yep, it's to be expected,but I say just do it and find out once and for all. Shave it slick. If you're doing a H & T it wont even be that big of a change. And I'm going to have to agree with hookem and suggest you get rid of the stache!
It's all about attitude!

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »
I can't offer my opinion until I see a pic.  But I buzzed it for awhile, then once I shaved it I ONLY shave it.  It just feels so clean and smooth. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 06:09:17 PM »
first off, welcome to the group.  Yes i think it is fair to say the gut response to your question is shave it clean.  But do what you feel you are ready for doing.  Some people like have that transition period with the super short buzz cut.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »
  HEY GaryT :::::: Dont B giving credit too HOOKEM on my EXPERT advice.........! :Xo!   ^)$$   0#

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 02:10:20 PM »
Well first of all welcome, you're in the right spot if you have wisps--as for your past hair styles, what happened in the past stays in the past, and if, as it sounds, you have mpb--it is in the past no matter what you do.  There's nothing at all wrong w/ mpb, it's how you handle it.  Most of us have shaved, some, including me, had a buzz time.  But, in the end most wind up shaved, and then the overwhelming comment is, and my bet is it will be with you, "Why  did I wait so long?"
Shave it, you've got the itch, because you're here not at Hair Club--and that's very smart.  So clipper it to as short as possible, get a razor, new blade, good shave creme gel or whatever and get rid of the wisps--I can picture them now.  Lots of us had those things, and the feeling of liberty and freedom when you get rid of them and have a clean scalp is just one of the most memorable feelings.  Join up, clean up, be SLY.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »
Hey aarrggh! That's too funny I was just reading through some of the newer posts here and I realilzed that I had screwed that up! What can I say? I bow before you begging your forgiveness!!!  How's that work???? I will never again tread upon your expert advice!!
It's all about attitude!

slyatlast

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 05:21:09 PM »
Welcome!

Since you're on this site, you know the ultimate answer to what you want to do.

Just go for it.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 05:30:27 PM »
Need a pic. Leave the stache on!

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 05:58:50 PM »
Without a pic it is hard to give good advice. However, I would suggest shaving the head clean and keeping the stache since it sounds like an excellent one.

I have had several hairstyles, with a horseshoe flattop being one of them. Never thought I'd shave it slick, but I was sick of my hair not looking the way I wanted it to and within a couple of days had buzzed it from an Ivy League to a H n' T to a #2 buzz then done to a 1/16 inch buzz. At that point it was so short, I thought just screw it... an then I shaved it all off. My hairline is receding, the top is thinning, and have major thinning at the crown. I actually like it shaved now.

As far as facial hair, I have had a full beard, a fu-man style stache, a handlebar stache, and now a stache with goatee.

You have to do whatever it is that you like, we can only be here to help guide you if you need it.

Enjoy this forum. There is alot of great advice and even better people here.

Good luck with your decision and regardless of what you decide, please post a pic.