Author Topic: Heading that way perhaps?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline ryugreen

• Learning the way of Sly
Heading that way perhaps?
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:39:10 PM »
Hello All,

I'll start by saying I admire all the courage and confidence in this forum.. Not to mention kindness..

My story is I'm 25, beginning stages of MPB... planning on shaving when it gets much worse.. if not to the scalp then a very tight buzz..

However, I dont fit the bill of the typical head shaver.. I'm irish.. aka pale and freckly.. I'm tall and thin.. Also I have a unique head shape with a long shelf in the back. I'm posting a profile and straight on photo.

Anyone else have such a shelf in the back?  Have photos of themselves or someone who does? I would love to know if this is too strange to pull off with a shave. .

I'm not as concerned about my appearance as I am of scaring small children... or being confused for an alien..

Anyway, any thoughts about how I might pull off the look.. honesty please!

Ryan

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Heading that way perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 03:42:07 PM »
Nothing serious yet, it's still a choice.  Buzz, try a smooth scalp, it's your oyster right now.  But keep an eye and a mirror on it, it can devolve into a combover in no time.  Oh, BTW, welcome.

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
We all come in different shapes and colors.   You're experiencing the ONWWILL Syndrome  (Oh No What Will I Look Like).  We all went through it.  I even posted a photoshopped version of my pre-shaved head and asked for opinions.   The reality of the whole thing is that nobody is going to be studying your head and saying "wow - your momma drop you on your head when you were young?"    We all make it out to be significantly worse than it really is -- and the reality is that nobody that matters is going to say anything negative.   Just remember Winston Churchill

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

marty22

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:19:34 PM »
Im not sure u are ready for us as of yet.