Author Topic: Electric Razor Recommendations  (Read 1870 times)

Offline jjt724

• Sly Guy in Training
Electric Razor Recommendations
« on: February 20, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »
Hey all,

I’ve been using the Skull Shaver Bald Eagle ever since I went sly (occasionally regular razors too). Anyway it just died on me and I’m trying to find some recommendations on electric razors that cut close like this one.

I’m avoiding skull shaver brand due to reliability issues (lasted 1.5 years).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:30:53 PM by jjt724 »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Electric Razor Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 01:31:34 AM »
I've had good luck with my $35 Phillips Norelco electric shaver. Though, I think I will get a better model when it dies. I've also heard good things about the Andis foil shavers.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline carfreek

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 08:52:08 AM »
Hi, I've been using a Philips (Norelco) Sensotouch 3D RQ1250 on and off for the past several years. It shaves smooth both wet or dry but a bit harsh for my skull. I have a sensitive skin and used to shave with Mach 3 always with the grain thus no BBS before I bought the Philips.  After researching on the internet got myself Braun Series 9 two years ago, great for head shaving and almost without irritation. My shaving routine is wash with a decent scrub, towel dry and wait for the skull to dry fully, apply Lectric pre shave lotion and wait to do it miracle for 15 seconds, then shave with my Braun shaver (the secret is in slow strokes against the grain), when I'm done I wash with cold water and apply after shave balm, last but not least a good moisturizer (preferably with SPF).

Good luck.
Carfreek

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 10:46:23 PM »
In the barbershop we use either A.  The Andis Pro-foil lithium shaver or B the new Wahl 5 Star lithium (the one with the black case not the old burgundy one). bioth shave Darn near as close as a blade and both cost only around %70 when new.  new blade and foil replacement heads are available for both for only about $35 too!

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 07:02:13 AM »
I use a Panasonic ES8243A Arc4. It does a nice job shaving my head wet or dry.

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 06:51:15 PM »
Hey all,

I’ve been using the  Bald Eagle ever since I went sly (occasionally regular razors too). Anyway it just died on me and I’m trying to find some recommendations on electric razors that cut close like this one.

I’m avoiding  brand due to reliability issues (lasted 1.5 years).
Wow, I'm sure you've got to be very disappointed in a 1.5 year run with the Skull Shaver product. In light of you saying you're going to avoid the brand for any future replacement purchase, I had a most negative experience myself recently with a purchase of the "new and improved" Pitbull model. Three words = "DON'T DO IT!"

Throughout the course of seeking a resolution, I am convinced the CEO and upper management (if there is any even present) have no idea about the mis-management taking place. I believe everyone who has a heinous experience with the product needs to take a timeout to create a Youtube video outlining their experience and then be sure and make it public. Their product quality, various policies and Customer Service personnel need changing for sure.

If interested, here's my recent Youtube video I created about my deplorable experience with Skullshaver.

Just curious, have you replaced your razor yet? If so, which direction did you go?
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 06:53:36 PM »
I've had good luck with my $35  Norelco . Though, I think I will get a better model when it dies. I've also heard good things about the  foil shavers.
I'm here to tell you - the Andis foil shavers are absolutely amazing. I'm getting the closest shave with their product when it comes to electric razors/shavers. It's really a great product AND their customer service is equally as stealth. One can't go wrong with an Andis product.  8)

***AND, No, I do not work for the company.  ;D
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Enter your email address: