Author Topic: Omnishaver?  (Read 13484 times)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Omnishaver?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 05:59:21 PM »
I got mine, it works good. I still think I like my Mach 3 better.

What’s not to like about it ?
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Rick S.

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2018, 06:22:14 PM »
I just get a closer shave with the mach 3, to be fair I only used it one time.

Offline triplezerobald

• "Being bald is better than having a man bun"
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 10:35:13 AM »
I just ordered mines recently on indiegogo and i'll throw a review once I have tried it few times

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 03:24:54 PM »
How long did you have to wait to get your Omnishaver? I ordered mine a few weeks ago and nothing yet.

Offline Rick S.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2018, 04:20:05 PM »
It took about a month

Offline Rick S.

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 05:20:33 AM »
Just used it this morning and it was a better shave than I thought and fast.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 08:02:07 AM »
It took about a month
In my opinion a month is to long to wait. I had ordered a Shull Shaver electric received it in less than a week.

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 08:32:14 PM »
I just got mine today. I had been waiting for an email saying it had been shipped, but didn't get one. (Maybe my overeager spam filter.) Instead the Omnishaver was waiting in my mailbox for a few days.  It took about 20 days to show up,  which given it's crowdfunded and being shipped from China for three bucks, is pretty darn good. (I once funded a Kickstarter item that NEVER showed up,)

I was concerned about trying it out, because my first shaves are always the worst. Lots of damage.  Amazingly, the Omnishaver didn't cut me. And it did a good job on a few days' growth.  Heck, I didn't even have the technique down yet and it took only 10 minutes -- one-third my usual time.  What's more, the blades did not clog up -- a big plus in my book.

Based on one shave, I'd say Omnishaver is a very good product.  I hope the blades last for many months as they claim. (Replacement blades are not yet being offered.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:39:55 PM by rico »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 11:12:55 AM »
Good to hear you received the shaver . I personally like razors I can just go and bye easily. Let us know how it works over time .

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2019, 08:48:20 PM »
Any updates from the guys using the Omnishaver?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2019, 04:35:00 AM »
I got mine last week and so far so good.  It gives me a really good shave, it’s really quick and no nicks  so far.  I was worried that there would be burn as it has t blades in each direction but again so far so good.  Doesn’t seem to clog up either . So, so far it se ms to do as it claims.  Just need to see how long it lasts.

Offline Slyguylou

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2019, 08:49:35 AM »
Mine is due to arrive Friday, Feb 1... stay tuned and I'll let you know my thoughts after about a week, (I shave everyday).

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2019, 11:02:49 AM »
Thanks for the update. I'm interested in seeing more updates as you guys use it more.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Slyguylou

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2019, 05:37:47 AM »
Wow… just… WOW !!!!

So, I got my Omnishaver yesterday; Thursday Jan 31, ’19.

I ordered it on Monday 1/28/19 and got it Thursday, 1/31/19… so those long waits people are mentioning in this thread, (this is an old thread and those posts are old too), are apparently a thing of the past, so that’s awesome.

I bought the Premium one, which is only a few dollars more than the Classic, but from reviews and such I figured it was worth it.

From their site:

The Premium OmniShaver is almost three times the weight of the Classic model because of its' triple plated steel shaving head. This new OmniShaver is not only heavier, but it transfers captured heat to the skin's surface as the shave takes place.

Once the triple plated steel shaving head has been warmed up from the hot water, it will retain the heat throughout the shave which provides a soothing feel to the skin and helps to expand the hair follicle size so the blades can deliver as close a shave as possible.

Tried it out first thing today and… OMG WOW !!

Even being a bit tentative, I shaved 5 minutes off of my shave, (sorry… couldn’t resist, LOL), and it was as BBS as BBS can be !!  Also, no nicks, irritation or anything.  Definitely the equal of my Fusion 5, but oh SO MUCH FASTER.  As I did with the Fusion, I’m sure I’ll get even faster over time and save even more time.

This was so much better, for me, than the Headblade ATX.  I tried and tried.  I used both the 4 blades and 6 blades, and while it was faster than the Fusion, it was no where even close to being BBS… even when I simply took longer, more strokes, (making it then take longer than the Fusion actually  B@n%), it still never quite got BBS to my standards.  I know many swear by it, but maybe it’s just slightly different head shapes?

Either way, for $20 you get the Omnishaver and a little case for it.  Tons and tons of videos out there with folks saying they’ve been using the same one for 7+ months, a year, and even one guy; 2 years.  Heck, even if it lasted me the same 5’ish weeks that a pack of 4 Fusion blades lasts me… the cost is virtually the same, but I’m saving 5+ minutes every morning… that matters, to me at least.

I highly recommend that everyone give this a try… for $20 why not?  Again, like the Headblade ATX was for me, maybe others won’t get the wonderful results I got… but again… for $20 it’s worth a shot IMHO.

I’m really hoping I get the 7+ months I’m seeing in reviews, but Omnishaver is being conservative and saying 3 to 4 months.  Three months?  Twenty bucks?  Yeah… I’ll take that everyday and twice on Sunday  !B@

Take care,
Lou

Offline triplezerobald

• "Being bald is better than having a man bun"
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2019, 06:51:25 PM »
I've received mines early December and I am loving it. At first it took me around 10 minutes to use but I have it down to under 2 minutes using it in the shower and I shave every 2-3 days. Using it often I get no cuts/nicks and razor burns. They recommend using hair conditioner. I am still using the same one so the stropping from going in both directions on skin is sharpening the blades so it lasts longer. I absolutely love it, best money spent and saved me tons of time and money compare to regular razors and shavers. Will update how long it has lasted me.

Enter your email address: